PHP & MySQL Version Info Request

Does anyone have a link to a phpinfo on one of the shared web servers? Or can anyone tell me the versions of PHP & MySQL being used on the shared servers? I need PHP and MySQL 5. Maybe I’m blind but I could not find any information on this on the site.

Yep, sure.

[color=#0000CC][bixel]$ mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.16, for pc-linux-gnu (i386) using readline 5.0

[bixel]$ php --version
PHP 4.4.2 (cgi) (built: Jan 31 2006 06:03:32)
Copyright © 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.9, Copyright © 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v2.6.2, Copyright © 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies[/color]

You can select either PHP4 or PHP5 on a domain by domain basis from the Web Admin Panel.

According to the last newsletter, all new MySQL databases are version 5, with existing databases being converted soon.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for details )

So, would it be possible to backup my existing 4.1 database, create a new database with the previous name and import all the prior tables and data?

Would my newly created database be a MySQL5 database? If so, is there anything I need to know about version incompatibilities with importing older data.

Also, since my primary desire to upgrade to MySQL5 is for access to stored triggers, does DreamHost support their use? Another webhost I’m using right now requires that you write your trigger and have it sent to one of their techs for installation.

A few dreamhost versions :
http://php.dreamhosters.com/

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#6600CC]97USD[/color] :cool: use “moua” as referrer

I am not that familiar with MySQL 5, so I have no idea if DreamHost support stored triggers. I think your best option would be to contact DreamHost directly using the form in the link below and ask them this question.

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for details )

What’s a stored trigger?

What plan is best for you? Compare from this list and select the best plan

A stored trigger is actually a stored procedure that is triggered when a specific event occurs. They are usually used for maintaining referential integrity, but they can also do a bunch of other things. MySQL 5.0 offers some support for them.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog