PHP MySQL library version differences

When I log in to my databases through phpMyAdmin, I see the following warning message at the bottom of the screen: “Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.16 differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.24a. This may cause unpredictable behavior.”

I Googled the error, and the solutions I found were to either upgrade MySQL server, downgrade PHP, or upgrade phpMyAdmin…nothing under my control.

Everything seems to work just fine, but I was wondering if I should be worried. Does anyone else have this warning?

Thanks

There must have been at least three other posts on this in the last day or so - it’s pretty much a situation many DH users see right now.

DH knows about it, but I think sending them another support ticket will encourage them to deal with it.

I have had no trouble as a result of the condition, however. Just out of curiosity, you didn’t find a possible solution to be updating the library? And why would you “upgrade” the server - it is presently at a higher version than the library (hence the message)?

–rlparker

No, I didn’t find updating the library as a possible solution, which makes the most sense to me, but I stopped searching when I saw that all the solutions were out of my realm of control.

The “upgrade server” solution was from a discussion where the error message said the server was a lower version than the library…sorry for the confusion.

Glad to know I’m not the only one seeing the message, and that it doesn’t seem to be causing any issues. I think I’ll take your advice, though, and send another support ticket to DH.

robin

He he he! Maybe if they get enough of them, they’ll be more inclined to fix it! :wink: .

–rlparker

Just FYI…here was DH’s response:

“There is no need to be worried. DreamHost runs highly customized version of the Debian Linux OS and we also modify certain software packages.
PHPmyadmin sees an difference in the version numbers but everything is working correctly.”

Well, it’s kinda hard to argue with that, as I have seen no problems present themselves as a result of the “mismatch”. :wink:

Though I suppose one could argue that they could “modify a certain software package” so that it didn’t display that disconcerting warning, eh? HA ha!

–rlparker