php/mySQL help?

software development

I’m trying to install phpSlash 0.8.1.1 on one of my domains, and I’m at the point in the process where I believe I have to use what is essentially a web configuration type interface. After entering all neccessary mySQL database information (database was setup before I attempted this), I’m getting an error and I’m not sure where to start on fixing it.

This is the error I’m getting:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.marvelous/aeroxx/jaxslash.com/phpslash/phpslash-0.8.1.1/public_html/config_setup.php on line 918

Could not log into mysql
I could not log in to your mysql database. Error: 929: Could not login to localhost as jaxslash (pass: “xxxxxx”) – Server said Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

I’ve tried setting the value of the ‘database host’ to ‘localhost’ and to ‘inko.dreamhost.com

Anyone have any suggestions?

Aero

That won’t work. There is no database server on localhost or inko.dreamhost.com - you’re supposed to use one of the hostnames setup for the database in the web panel. You did add a hostname in the web panel, right? And if you did, can you access the hostname in your web browser? It should prompt you for the username/password and bring up phpMyAdmin.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

Wow, that was stupid of me.

I had the answer written down in front of my face and managed to miss it several times.

Thank you.

You’re not the first and you won’t be the last! (grin)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!