PHP Module

software development

I received the below message from the author of a php script that I am trying to get to work…

Now I know why it doesn’t work…

Dreamhost uses PHP as a CGI and not an apache module. So, you cannot use myPMS because it never stores the username and password in the fields as I am expecting them.

Can you ask Dreamhost if you can use php as a module and not a cgi?

If this is in fact the problem of not being able to get the script to work, can php be used as a module and a cgi, and if so how do I get this accomplished? Thanks.

I think VPS accounts still have mod_php available.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Thanks for the response. I assume VPS accounts cost extra? So therefore if I don’t have a VPS account, I could not accomplish what I am trying to do with the third party script?

The shared servers don’t use mod_php. VPS starts from around the same price as shared servers, but you’ll invariably need to increase your dedicated RAM which then makes it more expensive than shared.

Ehhh… not exactly. Dreamhost PS is $15 extra on top of the shared hosting fee, but that gives you 150 MB to work with, which is plenty to get started! (With no PHP requests running, an idle PS can use as little as 12 MB of memory, so 150 MB goes a lot further than you’d think.)

My bad, I was thinking of the awesome offers we got a while back.

@ afoster: check your old emails or Support History 'cause you might find a deal to point at if you consider switching one of your domains over to VPS.