Php.ini woes

Hi all,

I know there are numerous tutorials for this but I simply can’t get it to work. I’ve got a Piwigo gallery as part of my site and around 5% (or less) of my photos are between 7Mb-9Mb in file size. Piwigo won’t accept these photos as they breach the max file size allowable.

I’ve tried following the instructions at http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP.ini to create a new php.ini to override the default one but every time I do this (by creating a new folder with Filezilla and then uploading phprc and php.ini to PHP 5.3/5.4 folders) my Piwigo site blows up and I get errors.

The only way I can get the site back is by deleting the PHP folders and waiting for the site to return. I’m not sure if the Piwigo gallery won’t accept php changes after the initial install or my coding stinks. I suspect it’s the latter

Can anyone give me an idiots guide to installing a PHP.ini file that lets me upload photos to, say, 12Mb, without ruining everything I’ve got already. I’m in a situation where I have a significant number of photos uploaded and I’d rather not start again.

Thanks,
Rich

Anyone?

What sorts of issues do you get when you try enabling a custom phprc?

I’d try switching to PHP5.4 via Panel and see if the site works as expected (and upload a small image as a test, too) before creating a phprc file to bump up the upload size.

post_max_size = 12M upload_max_filesize = 12M