Php.ini thumbnail errors

Hi -
I am trying to use a custom php.ini file to increase the timeout I can have. I followed the instructions exactly as given on the dreamhost wiki. However, when I use my php.ini file, the thumbnails are no longer rendered correctly. I wonder if this is maybe an issue with the modules path (extension_dir), but I tried changing that, to no avail.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

It’s highly unlikely that it thumbnail rendering would have anything to do with your extensions directory. I’m unsure why a Wiki would direct you to edit the extensions_dir path. Which article did you follow?

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Hi -
sorry for the late reply and the confusion. I did not originally reset the extensions_dir path. I followed the instructions here: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP.ini
Everything seems to work fine after that with the exception of thumbnails.

The modifications to the extensions_dir path I made after I noticed this error as an attempt to fix it, but did not help. I’ve since deleted the modified PHP.ini file and redone the steps as shown on the wiki, with the same result - thumbnails are still broken whenever I use my custom PHP.ini file.