PHP.ini File Set-Up Help

I’ve tried to figure out this by checking the wiki but it isn’t coming together for me. Specifically, I’m trying to increase my max file upload size. Can someone give me a step by step on how I can make this happen?

Thanks in advance.

You can always use a phprc file with this:

upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64M
max_execution_time = 500
max_input_time = 500

Step by step?

Create a text file named “phprc” (no extension).

Paste the above code, changing values as you find necessary.

FTP to your site. Be sure that you can view invisible files.

Look for a directory named “.php” and navigate to it. (The fore-period/fore-full stop makes it invisible, thus the need to view invisible files/folders.)

Open that directory, and find the directory that corresponds to your php version (5.3 or 5.4). Open that directory and upload the phprc file to it.

Go back to your control panel reboot your server, if you’re on a VPS.

Thanks for that info…helpful to see that a phprc file can do this. So I had to create the .php folder and the 5.4 folder. I put the .php folder in my user folder, which also contains my websites.

So at this point I’m assuming I have done this right.

I’ve got two websites there…one of them shows the max as 64MB now, but the other one still shows 7. Anyway to force this to recognize it? I’m on a shared host, so I’m not sure there is a “reset” per se.
[hr]
OK, so as it turns out I just had to wait a bit…everything is good now. Thank you for your help!