Php.ini error

I was trying to set up custom php.ini file to turn off error display as it shows some php warnings on the front end, but I can’t get it to work. Not sure what’s going on.

Last week I was able to set it up without a glitch when testing stuff on the domain. It got deleted when I had to restore website from backup due to some errors.

Today, my initial goal was to setup custom php.ini for by subdomain, to turn off error display. I followed all
instructions from the wiki (like I did last week), using Shell commands to do the work. But for some reason it gives me internal server errors (500). I tried restarting fastcgi, recaching it, and still nothing. I tried doing
it again on domain that worked last week just to see if it was an issue with subdomain, but its not working this time.

At first, I was using joomla’s htaccess and used that extra line for rewrite as wiki mentions. Nothing. Now I set it up, to use new htaccess and still nothing.

FastCGI is enabled. And I have unedited copy of global php.ini, no changes have been made.

Any help on what it might be caused by?

Check files for typos and ensure all edited file and directory permissions are set correctly.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Thanks for quick reply.

I verified spelling of dirs and files.
I verified permissions. Some permissions were off, I changed them. Checked again, they are back to old values. I changed again and now they all set to proper permissions. Checked few times. For some reason shell commands didn’t change permissions, I had to do it through webftp access.

Still getting error. Can’t restart fastcgi, I guess there’s a limit to how many kills you can do? It won’t let me do it.

Here’s what else it adds at the bottom:
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

huh, it seems like your installer script made php.ini work. You use different method and I have a feeling DH method has something to do with my previous attempt not working, especially when it comes to htaccess part.

Thanks!

Probably shouldn’t kill fastcgi via shell. If you’ve completely installed PHP yourself set the domain to use regular CGI within Panel and see how that goes. Noting that permissions changes only took affect via FTP and not via SSH, it might be a case that you’ve been (or in the process of being) transferred onto a different server.

You can check Panel to see if that’s the case [color=#00CC00]Panel > Account Status[/color] (top right).

Oh, cool. Nevermind the above post then :slight_smile:

Your script sets different permissions from DH instructions. Not sure if that plays major role.

Anyways. It works. About to go complaint to DH a bit :-p

My scripts set stricter permissions - but that should play no part in functionality.