PHP Include

I just signed up with DH and cant figure out how to get my php working properly. If someone could help that would be great!

I am trying to add a basic php include into a web page. I have done this correctly a different site (with the same code) that is hosted by a different company so I dont understand what I am doing wrong for my site hosted on DH.

I am trying to use rss2html. The php include that I have inluded is in a file called test.php and looks like this:

<?php @include("http://www.mydomain.com/rss2html.php?XMLFILE=http://www.mydomain.com/rss/news.xml&TEMPLATE=http://www.mydomain.com/template.html&MAXITEMS=50"); ?>

I have uploaded all files into my root directory (besides the xml file)

When I open up www.mydomain.com/test.php the info php include is supposed to retreive is empty.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Try this:

<?php $path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']; include("$path/rss2html.php?XMLFILE=$path/rss/news.xml&TEMPLATE=$path/template.html&MAXITEMS=50"); ?>---------------
Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

thank you for the reply, I am still trying but there is still something wrong;

I received this now in the output file:

Warning: main(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in…

Is there something I need to configure in DH to run php?

Thanks,

the f open function has been disableled here for security reasons. You’ll have to reaplce said function with curl. Search the forum for more info…

-Matttail

If you are accessing pages within your own domain, you should not use the full URL (http://…). If you are doing server-side includes, use the environment variable $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’] instead of the “http://domain.com”. If you are accessing a remote site (not on your own domain), you will need to use cURL, as previously recommended.

Simon Jessey

I am in a little over my head with php. I basically know how to cut and paste :slight_smile:

I do understand that if I want to access a domain not hosted here I need to use the full address. However in the include I posted, there are 3 documents. 2 are on my domain and 1 isnt.

How would I use cURL to access the site not hosted here?
In the example below I have put in http://www.domain.com

<?php $path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']; include("$path/rss2html.php?XMLFILE=http://www.domain.com&TEMPLATE=$path/template.html&MAXITEMS=50"); ?>

Do I put the Curl code in the include I already have?

This is the curl include:

<?php $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://domain.com/"); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); ?>

Thanks so much,

This:<?php $ch = curl_init(); $timeout = 5; // set to zero for no timeout curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://example.com'); curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout); $file_contents = curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); echo $file_contents; ?>Is functionally equivalent to this:<?php include("http://example.com/"); ?>But your problem is slightly different. As far as I can tell, you are trying to pass variables (that happen to be remote URLs) to a script on rss2html.php; therefore, it is that script that needs to be changed to use cURL. You will need to post the contents of rss2html.php so that we can see what is going on.

Simon Jessey

I checked the rss2html.php file and it is using cURL

If this file is using cURL, then how do I rewrite the php include to use cURL for the one url and not for the others?
I understand the cURL code, but how do I rewrite the php include to take this into account?

Thanks

Jay

Here is the code from the file:

<?PHP // // rss2html.php RSS feed to HTML webpage script // // Copyright 2004,205 NotePage, Inc. // http://www.feedforall.com // This script may be used freely for business or personal use // This script may not be resold in any form // // $Id: rss2html.php,v 2.3 2005/09/06 22:55:27 housley Exp $ // // $Log: rss2html.php,v $ // Revision 2.3 2005/09/06 22:55:27 housley // GUID doesn't need urlencode() // // Revision 2.2 2005/08/16 19:53:15 housley // Add the ~~~ItemAuthor~~~ subsitution that uses first and then // for its contents // // Revision 2.1 2005/08/15 14:49:24 housley // Convert ' to ' since ' is not HTML // // Revision 2.0 2005/07/30 14:09:38 housley // Allow "allow_url_fopen" to be sellected, incase CURL is not available. // // Revision 1.33 2005/07/20 00:53:35 housley // Fix it so the this PHP script can be used as a PHP include many time on the same page // // Revision 1.32 2005/07/20 00:36:27 housley // Don't set allow_url_fopen any more // // Revision 1.31 2005/07/20 00:35:28 housley // Use CURL to open URLs instead of fopen() // // Revision 1.30 2005/05/08 01:47:27 housley // Add NoFutureItems // // Revision 1.29 2005/05/06 01:04:56 housley // Make sure FeedMaxItems is not larger then the number of items. // // Revision 1.28 2005/04/30 18:08:41 housley // ~~~SortByPubDate~~~ will force the sorting of the items by pubDate, with the newest being first. // // Revision 1.27 2005/04/30 17:49:17 housley // Allow FeedMaxItems to be negative. A negative number will grab the last // items // // Revision 1.26 2005/03/28 14:48:45 housley // * Remove debug print statement // * Fix the creation of the putDate for cases when the feed didn't have them, bad feed...bad feed. // // Revision 1.25 2005/03/23 23:22:48 housley // Handle dc:date in RSS 2.0 feeds. If both pubData and dc:date exist, pubDate has priority // // Revision 1.24 2005/03/11 12:44:44 housley // Exit with short message if a file can't be opened. // // Revision 1.23 2005/03/09 15:15:41 housley // Add copyright header // // Revision 1.22 2005/03/08 15:25:04 housley // * Add ID for full version number // * Add Log to show change logs // * Add support for and ~~~FeedContentEncoded~~~ and ~~~ ItemContentEncoded~~~ // // // // Set the following variable useFopenURL to one if you want/need to use fopen instead of CURL $useFopenURL = 0; if ($useFopenURL) { ini_set("allow_url_fopen", "1"); } // // If XLMfile is passed as part of the REQUEST_URI, then it will be used // otherwise the the file below is used. //$XMLfilename = "http://examlple.com/sample.xml"; $XMLfilename = "sample.xml"; if (isset($_REQUEST["XMLFILE"])) { if (stristr($_REQUEST["XMLFILE"], "file://")) { // Not allowed ; } elseif (stristr($_REQUEST["XMLFILE"], "://")) { // URL files are allowed $XMLfilename = $_REQUEST["XMLFILE"]; } else { // It is local and must be in the same directory $XMLfilename = basename($_REQUEST["XMLFILE"]); } } // // If TEMPLATE is passed as part of the REQUEST_URI, then it will be used // otherwise the the file below is used. $TEMPLATEfilename = "template.html"; if (isset($_REQUEST["TEMPLATE"])) { if (stristr($_REQUEST["TEMPLATE"], "file://")) { // Not allowed ; } elseif (stristr($_REQUEST["TEMPLATE"], "://")) { // URL files are allowed $TEMPLATEfilename = $_REQUEST["TEMPLATE"]; } else { // It is local and must be in the same directory $TEMPLATEfilename = basename($_REQUEST["TEMPLATE"]); } } // // date() function documented http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php // $LongDateFormat = "F jS, Y"; // ie, "Jan 21st, 2004" $ShortDateFormat = "m/d/Y"; // ie, "1/21/2004" //$ShortDateFormat = "d/m/Y"; // ie, "21/1/2004" $LongTimeFormat = "H:i:s T O"; // ie, "13:24:30 EDT -0400" $ShortTimeFormat = "h:i A"; // ie, "1:24 PM" // // Maximum number of items to be displayed // $FeedMaxItems = 10000; if (isset($_REQUEST["MAXITEMS"])) { $FeedMaxItems = $_REQUEST["MAXITEMS"]; } $NoFutureItems = FALSE; if (isset($_REQUEST["NOFUTUREITEMS"])) { $NoFutureItems = TRUE; } // // As much as I hate globals, they are needed due to the // recusive nature of the parser $insidechannel = FALSE; $level_channel = 0; $insidechannelimage = FALSE; $level_channelimage = 0; $insideitem = FALSE; $level_item = 0; if (function_exists("FeedForAll_rss2html_getRFDdate") === FALSE) { Function FeedForAll_rss2html_getRFDdate($datestring) { $year = substr($datestring, 0, 4); $month = substr($datestring, 5, 2); $day = substr($datestring, 8, 2); $hour = substr($datestring, 11, 2); $minute = substr($datestring, 14, 2); $second = substr($datestring, 17, 2); if (substr($datestring, 19, 1) == "Z") { $offset_hour = 0; $offset_minute = 0; } else { if (substr($datestring, 19, 1) == "+") { $offset_hour = substr($datestring, 20, 2); $offset_minute = substr($datestring, 23, 2); } else { $offset_hour = -1*substr($datestring, 20, 2); $offset_minute = -1*substr($datestring, 23, 2); } } return gmmktime($hour+$offset_hour, $minute+$offset_minute, $second, $month, $day, $year); } class FeedForAll_rss2html_RSSParser { var $gotROOT = 0; var $feedTYPE = "RSS"; var $level = 0; var $tag = ""; var $title = ""; var $description = ""; var $contentEncoded = ""; var $link = ""; var $guid = ""; var $enclosureURL = ""; var $pubdate = ""; var $pubdateDC = ""; var $fimageURL = ""; var $fimageTitle = ""; var $fimageLink = ""; var $author = ""; var $DcCreator = ""; var $FeedTitle = ""; var $FeedDescription = ""; var $FeedContentEncoded = ""; var $FeedLink = ""; var $FeedPubDate = ""; var $FeedPubDateDC = ""; var $FeedPubDate_t = ""; var $FeedImageURL = ""; var $FeedImageTitle = ""; var $FeedImageLink = ""; // When adding new Item elements, be sure to update the sort below var $ItemTitle = ""; var $ItemDescription = ""; var $ItemContentEncoded = ""; var $ItemLink = ""; var $ItemGuid = ""; var $ItemPubDate = ""; var $ItemPubDate_t = ""; var $ItemEnclosureURL = ""; var $ItemAuthor = ""; function startElement($parser, $tagName, $attrs) { GLOBAL $insidechannel; GLOBAL $level_channel; GLOBAL $insidechannelimage; GLOBAL $level_channelimage; GLOBAL $insideitem; GLOBAL $level_item; $this->level++; $this->tag = $tagName; if ($this->gotROOT == 0) { $this->gotROOT = 1; if (strstr($tagName, "RSS")) { $this->feedTYPE = "RSS"; } elseif (strstr($tagName, "RDF")) { $this->feedTYPE = "RDF"; } elseif (strstr($tagName, "FEE")) { $this->feedTYPE = "FEE"; $insidechannel = TRUE; $level_channel = 1; } } elseif ((($tagName == "ITEM") && ($this->feedTYPE != "FEE")) || (($tagName == "ENTRY") && ($this->feedTYPE == "FEE"))) { $insideitem = TRUE; $level_item = $this->level; } elseif (($insideitem) && ($tagName == "ENCLOSURE")) { $this->enclosureURL = $attrs["URL"]; } elseif (($tagName == "LINK") && ($this->feedTYPE == "FEE")) { $this->link = $attrs["HREF"]; } elseif ($tagName == "CHANNEL") { $insidechannel = TRUE; $level_channel = $this->level; } elseif (($tagName == "IMAGE") && ($insidechannel = TRUE)) { $insidechannelimage = TRUE; $level_channelimage = $this->level; } } function endElement($parser, $tagName) { GLOBAL $insidechannel; GLOBAL $level_channel; GLOBAL $insidechannelimage; GLOBAL $level_channelimage; GLOBAL $insideitem; GLOBAL $level_item; GLOBAL $NoFutureItems; $this->level--; if ((($tagName == "ITEM") && ($this->feedTYPE != "FEE")) || (($tagName == "ENTRY") && ($this->feedTYPE == "FEE"))) { $UseItem = TRUE; if ($NoFutureItems) { $noon = strtotime("today at 12:00"); if (trim($this->pubdate) != "") { $ItemPubDate = strtotime($this->pubdate); } else if (trim($this->pubdateDC) != "") { $ItemPubDate = FeedForAll_rss2html_getRFDdate($this->pubdateDC); } else { $ItemPubDate = time(); } if (($ItemPubDate - $noon) > 43200) { $UseItem = FALSE; } } if ($UseItem) { $this->ItemTitle[] = trim($this->title); $this->ItemDescription[] = trim($this->description); $this->ItemContentEncoded[] = trim($this->contentEncoded); if (trim($this->contentEncoded) == "") { $this->ItemContentEncoded[] = $this->description; } $this->ItemLink[] = trim($this->link); // // Get the pubDate from pubDate first and then dc:date if (trim($this->pubdate) != "") { $this->ItemPubDate[] = trim($this->pubdate); $this->ItemPubDate_t[] = strtotime($this->pubdate); } else if (trim($this->pubdateDC) != "") { $this->ItemPubDate[] = trim($this->pubdateDC); $this->ItemPubDate_t[] = FeedForAll_rss2html_getRFDdate($this->pubdateDC); } else { $this->ItemPubDate[] = date("D, d M Y H:i:s +0000"); $this->ItemPubDate_t[] = time(); } $this->ItemGuid[] = trim($this->guid); $this->ItemEnclosureURL[] = trim($this->enclosureURL); if ($this->author == "") { $this->ItemAuthor[] = $this->DcCreator; } else { $this->ItemAuthor[] = $this->author; } } $this->title = ""; $this->description = ""; $this->contentEncoded = ""; $this->link = ""; $this->pubdate = ""; $this->pubdateDC = ""; $this->guid = ""; $this->enclosureURL = ""; $this->author = ""; $this->DcCreator = ""; $insideitem = FALSE; $level_item = 0; } elseif (($tagName == "IMAGE") && ($insidechannelimage)) { $this->FeedImageURL = trim($this->fimageURL); $this->FeedImageTitle = trim($this->fimageTitle); $this->FeedImageLink = trim($this->fimageLink); $this->fimageURL = ""; $this->fimageTitle = ""; $this->fimageLink = ""; $insidechannelimage = FALSE; $level_channelimage = 0; } elseif ($tagName == "CHANNEL") { // // Get the pubDate from pubDate first and then dc:date if (trim($this->pubdate) != "") { $this->FeedPubDate_t = strtotime($this->FeedPubDate); } else if (trim($this->pubdateDC) != "") { $this->FeedPubDate_t = FeedForAll_rss2html_getRFDdate($this->FeedPubDateDC); } else { $this->FeedPubDate = date("D, d M Y H:i:s +0000"); $this->FeedPubDate_t = time(); } $insidechannel = FALSE; $level_channel = 0; } elseif ($this->level == $level_channel) { if ($tagName == "TITLE") { $this->FeedTitle = trim($this->title); $this->title = ""; } elseif (($tagName == "DESCRIPTION") || ($tagName == "TAGLINE")) { $this->FeedDescription = trim($this->description); $this->description = ""; } elseif ($tagName == "CONTENT:ENCODED") { $this->FeedContentEncoded = trim($this->contentEncoded); $this->contentEncoded = ""; } elseif ($tagName == "LINK") { $this->FeedLink = trim($this->link); $this->link = ""; } } } function characterData($parser, $data) { GLOBAL $insidechannel; GLOBAL $level_channel; GLOBAL $insidechannelimage; GLOBAL $level_channelimage; GLOBAL $insideitem; GLOBAL $level_item; if (($data == "") || ($data == NULL)) { } else { if (($insideitem) && ($this->level == $level_item+1)) { switch ($this->tag) { case "TITLE": $this->title .= $data; break; case "DESCRIPTION": $this->description .= $data; break; case "CONTENT:ENCODED": $this->contentEncoded .= $data; break; case "SUMMARY": $this->description .= $data; break; case "LINK": $this->link .= $data; break; case "PUBDATE": $this->pubdate .= $data; break; case "DC:DATE": $this->pubdateDC .= $data; break; case "MODIFIED": $this->pubdateDC .= $data; break; case "GUID": $this->guid .= $data; break; case "AUTHOR": $this->author .= $data; break; case "DC:CREATOR": $this->DcCreator .= $data; break; } } elseif ($insidechannelimage) { switch ($this->tag) { case "TITLE": $this->fimageTitle .= $data; break; case "URL": $this->fimageURL .= $data; break; case "LINK": $this->fimageLink .= $data; break; } } elseif (($insidechannel) && ($this->level == $level_channel+1)) { switch ($this->tag) { case "TITLE": $this->title .= $data; break; case "DESCRIPTION": $this->description .= $data; break; case "CONTENT:ENCODED": $this->contentEncoded .= $data; break; case "TAGLINE": $this->description .= $data; break; case "LINK": $this->link .= $data; break; case "PUBDATE": $this->FeedPubDate .= $data; break; case "DC:DATE": $this->FeedPubDateDC .= $data; break; case "MODIFIED": $this->FeedPubDateDC .= $data; break; } } } } } } if (stristr($TEMPLATEfilename, "://")) { if ($useFopenURL) { if (($fd = @fopen($TEMPLATEfilename, "rb")) === FALSE) { echo "Unable to open template $TEMPLATEfilename, exiting\n"; exit -1; } $template = NULL; while (($data = fread($fd, 4096)) != "") { $template .= $data; } fclose($fd); }else { // This is a URL so use CURL $curlHandle = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curlHandle, CURLOPT_URL, $TEMPLATEfilename); curl_setopt($curlHandle, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); curl_setopt($curlHandle, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); $template = curl_exec($curlHandle); if (curl_errno($curlHandle)) { curl_close($curlHandle); echo "Unable to open template $TEMPLATEfilename, exiting\n"; exit -1; } curl_close($curlHandle); } } else { // This is a local file, so use fopen if (($fd = @fopen($TEMPLATEfilename, "rb")) === FALSE) { echo "Unable to open template $TEMPLATEfilename, exiting\n"; exit -1; } $template = NULL; while (($data = fread($fd, 4096)) != "") { $template .= $data; } fclose($fd); } if (strstr($template, "~~~NoFutureItems~~~")) { $NoFutureItems = TRUE; } $xml_parser = xml_parser_create(''); $rss_parser = new FeedForAll_rss2html_RSSParser(); xml_set_object($xml_parser,$rss_parser); xml_set_element_handler($xml_parser, "startElement", "endElement"); xml_set_character_data_handler($xml_parser, "characterData"); xml_parser_set_option($xml_parser,XML_OPTION_CASE_FOLDING,1); if (stristr($XMLfilename, "://")) { if ($useFopenURL) { if (($fd = @fopen($XMLfilename, "rb")) === FALSE) { echo "Unable to open RSS Feed $XMLfilename, exiting\n"; exit -1; } // Read the whole file 4k at a time so remote files can be read while (($XML = fread($fd, 4096)) != "") { xml_parse($xml_parser,$XML); } fclose($fd); } else { // This is a URL so use CURL $curlHandle = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curlHandle, CURLOPT_URL, $XMLfilename); curl_setopt($curlHandle, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); curl_setopt($curlHandle, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); $XML = curl_exec($curlHandle); if (curl_errno($curlHandle)) { curl_close($curlHandle); echo "Unable to open template $XMLfilename, exiting\n"; exit -1; } curl_close($curlHandle); xml_parse($xml_parser,$XML); } } else { // This is a local file, so use fopen if (($fd = @fopen($XMLfilename, "rb")) === FALSE) { echo "Unable to open RSS Feed $XMLfilename, exiting\n"; exit -1; } // Read the whole file 4k at a time so remote files can be read while (($XML = fread($fd, 4096)) != "") { xml_parse($xml_parser,$XML); } fclose($fd); } xml_parser_free($xml_parser); // make sure the channel contentEncoded is not blank if ($rss_parser->FeedContentEncoded == "") { $rss_parser->FeedContentEncoded = $rss_parser->FeedDescription; } $template = str_replace("~~~FeedTitle~~~", $rss_parser->FeedTitle, $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedDescription~~~", $rss_parser->FeedDescription, $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedContentEncoded~~~", $rss_parser->FeedContentEncoded, $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedLink~~~", $rss_parser->FeedLink, $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedPubDate~~~", $rss_parser->FeedPubDate, $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedPubLongDate~~~", date($LongDateFormat, $rss_parser->FeedPubDate_t), $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedPubShortDate~~~", date($ShortDateFormat, $rss_parser->FeedPubDate_t), $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedPubLongTime~~~", date($LongTimeFormat, $rss_parser->FeedPubDate_t), $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedPubShortTime~~~", date($ShortTimeFormat, $rss_parser->FeedPubDate_t), $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedImageUrl~~~", $rss_parser->FeedImageURL, $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedImageTitle~~~", $rss_parser->FeedImageTitle, $template); $template = str_replace("~~~FeedImageLink~~~", $rss_parser->FeedImageLink, $template); $match = NULL; $template = str_replace("~~~NoFutureItems~~~", "", $template); // Sort by PubDate if requested if (strstr($template, "~~~SortByPubDate~~~")) { $template = str_replace("~~~SortByPubDate~~~", "", $template); for ($x = 0; $x < count($rss_parser->ItemTitle)-1; $x++) { for ($y = $x+1; $y < count($rss_parser->ItemTitle); $y++) { if ($rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x] < $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$y]) { // Swap them $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemLink[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemLink[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemLink[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemLink[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$y] = $swapTemp; $swapTemp = $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$x]; $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$x] = $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$y]; $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$y] = $swapTemp; } } } } // The the maximum items requested if (strstr($template, "~~~FeedMaxItems=")) { // Limit the maximun number of items displayed if (preg_match("/~~~FeedMaxItems=([0-9-]*)~~~/", $template, $match) !== FALSE) { if (($match[0] != "") && ($match[1] != "")) { $FeedMaxItems = $match[1]; $template = str_replace("~~~FeedMaxItems=$match[1]~~~", "", $template); if (abs($FeedMaxItems) > count($rss_parser->ItemTitle)) { if ($FeedMaxItems > 0) { $FeedMaxItems = count($rss_parser->ItemTitle); } else { $FeedMaxItems = -count($rss_parser->ItemTitle); } } } } } // // Find the string, if it exists, between the ~~~EndItemsRecord~~~ and ~~~BeginItemsRecord~~~ // while ((strstr($template, "~~~BeginItemsRecord~~~")) !== FALSE) { $match = NULL; $allitems = NULL; $loop_limit = min(abs($FeedMaxItems), count($rss_parser->ItemTitle)); if (($parts = split("~~~BeginItemsRecord~~~", $template)) !== FALSE) { if (($parts = split("~~~EndItemsRecord~~~", $parts[1])) !== FALSE) { $WholeBlock = $parts[0]; // // Check for ~~~BeginAlternateItemsRecord~~~ // if (strstr($WholeBlock, "~~~BeginAlternateItemsRecord~~~")) { $parts = split("~~~BeginAlternateItemsRecord~~~", $WholeBlock); $block1 = $parts[0]; $block2 = $parts[1]; } else { $block1 = $WholeBlock; $block2 = $WholeBlock; } if ($FeedMaxItems < 0) { for ($x = count($rss_parser->ItemTitle)-1; $x >= count($rss_parser->ItemTitle) + $FeedMaxItems; $x--) { $item = str_replace("~~~ItemTitle~~~", $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$x], $block1); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemDescription~~~", $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemContentEncoded~~~", $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemLink~~~", $rss_parser->ItemLink[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubDate~~~", $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemGuid~~~", $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongDate~~~", date($LongDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortDate~~~", date($ShortDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongTime~~~", date($LongTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortTime~~~", date($ShortTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemEnclosureUrl~~~", $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemAuthor~~~", $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$x], $item); $allitems .= $item; $x--; if ($x >= count($rss_parser->ItemTitle) + $FeedMaxItems) { // // This is at least one more item so use the Alternate definition // $item = str_replace("~~~ItemTitle~~~", $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$x], $block2); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemDescription~~~", $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemContentEncoded~~~", $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemLink~~~", $rss_parser->ItemLink[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubDate~~~", $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemGuid~~~", $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongDate~~~", date($LongDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortDate~~~", date($ShortDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongTime~~~", date($LongTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortTime~~~", date($ShortTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemEnclosureUrl~~~", $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemAuthor~~~", $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$x], $item); $allitems .= $item; } } } else { for ($x = 0; $x < $loop_limit; $x++) { $item = str_replace("~~~ItemTitle~~~", $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$x], $block1); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemDescription~~~", $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemContentEncoded~~~", $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemLink~~~", $rss_parser->ItemLink[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubDate~~~", $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemGuid~~~", $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongDate~~~", date($LongDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortDate~~~", date($ShortDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongTime~~~", date($LongTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortTime~~~", date($ShortTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemEnclosureUrl~~~", $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemAuthor~~~", $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$x], $item); $allitems .= $item; $x++; if ($x < $loop_limit) { // // This is at least one more item so use the Alternate definition // $item = str_replace("~~~ItemTitle~~~", $rss_parser->ItemTitle[$x], $block2); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemDescription~~~", $rss_parser->ItemDescription[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemContentEncoded~~~", $rss_parser->ItemContentEncoded[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemLink~~~", $rss_parser->ItemLink[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubDate~~~", $rss_parser->ItemPubDate[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemGuid~~~", $rss_parser->ItemGuid[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongDate~~~", date($LongDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortDate~~~", date($ShortDateFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubLongTime~~~", date($LongTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemPubShortTime~~~", date($ShortTimeFormat, $rss_parser->ItemPubDate_t[$x]), $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemEnclosureUrl~~~", $rss_parser->ItemEnclosureURL[$x], $item); $item = str_replace("~~~ItemAuthor~~~", $rss_parser->ItemAuthor[$x], $item); $allitems .= $item; } } } $template = str_replace("~~~BeginItemsRecord~~~".$WholeBlock."~~~EndItemsRecord~~~", $allitems, $template); } } } // Since ' is not HTML, but is XML convert. $template = str_replace("'", "'", $template); echo $template; ?>

I’m sorry, but I can’t see what the problem is. Does the script function on its own (when it is not being processed as an included file)?

Simon Jessey

The script doesn’t function on its own. The only purpose it serves is to grab an rss feed and convert the contents into html using a template in a .html file.

Its very strange as I have had the exact same code working on a site hosted on a different provide. This is starting to drive me nuts.

In that case, it seems like an ass-backwards approach. Would it not be much easier to simply use XSLT to transform the feed into HTML? It would be much faster too.

Simon Jessey