PHP file upload from form

software development

Hi there,

The following code works just fine on my testing server (localhost), but doesn’t work at all once uploaded to my dreamhost server.

<?php //set the psth $path = "images/user_photos/"; //echo $path; //set the max size of uploaded file $max_size = 500000; //echo $max_size; /* Check to see if there is a file to upload if not, then exit */ if (!isset($HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile'])) { echo "checkpoint 1"; exit; } /* check to see if the file meets our restrictions */ if (is_uploaded_file($HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'])) { echo "checkpoint 2"; //check size if ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['size']>$max_size){ echo "The file is too big."; exit; } //check filetype if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['type']=="image/gif") || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['type']=="image/pjpeg") || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['type']=="image/jpeg") || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['type']=="image/png")) { //check if it's a duplicate if (file_exists($path . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['name'])){ echo "The file already exists."; exit; }

//if the file has passed all the above checks, thenk upload (copy) the file to the server.
$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES[‘userfile’][‘tmp_name’], $path .
$HTTP_POST_FILES[‘userfile’][‘name’]);
/* copy() method returns a boolean.
if the result of the copy() operation ($res) is false then tell user the upload failed /
if (!$res) {
echo “Upload Failed!”; exit;
} else {
/
but if the result is true, then the upload succeeded and the echo out the thumbnail
and tell the user they were successful */
$thumb = $path . $HTTP_POST_FILES[‘userfile’][‘name’];
$basefile = $HTTP_POST_FILES[‘userfile’][‘name’];
echo “Photo successfully uploaded.
”;
echo “
”;
echo $basefile;
}
} else {
echo “Wrong file type!”; exit; }
}
$my_file = $HTTP_POST_FILES[‘userfile’][‘name’];

?>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

–Justin

Justin-Nicholas Toyama

Per this wiki page, you will need to switch to using $_FILES if you are using PHP5.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

OMG thank you so much - I have been tearing my hair out!!!

Justin-Nicholas Toyama