PHP FastCGI

Hi.

I’ve been trying to have PHP run with FastCGI by following the instructions from the Wiki.

However, it did not work as I’m getting the following error when I am trying to access a PHP resource:

FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server "…/php5-wrapper.fcgi" aborted: (first read) idle timeout (120 sec) FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "…/php5-wrapper.fcgi"
This results in the server returning a 403 a couple of minutes after the request.

Any idea what’s going on? A search on the Web has not been very useful, other than instructing me to check my file permissions (which I did) and redoing my Apache installation from scratch (which I can’t).

Cheers,

Hugo

I get this, but if I leave it and come back several hours later it gets fixed until later. I am arguing with support about the issue myself, will post the outcome.

DreamHost’s support figured out my problem: my Web space was not owned by the default Unix group, and FastCGI does not like this, apparently.

After chgrp’ing the files to the default group, it’s working fine. I updated the Wiki accordingly.