PHP contact form in html site

So working on this old site I did, contact form was not working.

1. I added an htaccess file to the root directory with this code:
    AddHandler php5-cgi .html
    AddHandler php5-cgi .htm

2. Used this phptest method:

<?PHP echo "PHP is working."; ?>

1. That was successful, but the mail is not coming in still. using the Nice simple form from css tricks:

What am I doing wrong!?

What email is the form sending to? Is it the same as your domain? (i.e. if you have, you’re sending email from )

I have a similiar issue. In my form I have a line called “Email” [where I ask for the submitters email address.] The form works fine and sends to my email address as long as the user does not enter there email address. You can see how this could be an issue. How do I solve this problem? Here’s my snippett:

<?php if(isset($_POST['email'])) { // EDIT THE 2 LINES BELOW AS REQUIRED $email_to = ""; $email_subject = "Your email subject line"; function died($error) { // your error code can go here echo "We are very sorry, but there were error(s) found with the form you submitted. "; echo "These errors appear below.

"; echo $error."

"; echo "Please go back and fix these errors.

"; die(); } // validation expected data exists if(!isset($_POST['first_name']) || !isset($_POST['last_name']) || !isset($_POST['email']) || !isset($_POST['telephone']) || !isset($_POST['comments'])) { died('We are sorry, but there appears to be a problem with the form you submitted.'); } $first_name = $_POST['first_name']; // required $last_name = $_POST['last_name']; // required $email_from = $_POST['email']; // required $telephone = $_POST['telephone']; // not required $comments = $_POST['comments']; // required $error_message = ""; //$email_exp = '/^[A-Za-z0-9._%-]+@[A-Za-z0-9.-]+\.[A-Za-z]{2,4}$/'; //if(!preg_match($email_exp,$email_from)) { //$error_message .= 'The Email Address you entered does not appear to be valid.
'; } $string_exp = "/^[A-Za-z .'-]+$/"; if(!preg_match($string_exp,$first_name)) { $error_message .= 'The First Name you entered does not appear to be valid.
'; } if(!preg_match($string_exp,$last_name)) { $error_message .= 'The Last Name you entered does not appear to be valid.
'; } if(strlen($comments) < 2) { $error_message .= 'The Comments you entered do not appear to be valid.
'; } if(strlen($error_message) > 0) { died($error_message); } $email_message = "Form details below.\n\n"; function clean_string($string) { $bad = array("content-type","bcc:","to:","cc:","href"); return str_replace($bad,"",$string); } $email_message .= "First Name: ".clean_string($first_name)."\n"; $email_message .= "Last Name: ".clean_string($last_name)."\n"; $email_message .= "Email: ".clean_string($email_from)."\n"; $email_message .= "Telephone: ".clean_string($telephone)."\n"; $email_message .= "Comments: ".clean_string($comments)."\n"; // create email headers $headers = 'From: '.$email_from."\r\n". 'Reply-To: '.$email_from."\r\n" . 'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion(); @mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers); ?>

Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you very soon.

<?php } ?>

This line is your problem:

Your script is forging its “From:” header as the email address that the user entered. Your script is not authorized to send mail on behalf of their domains, so the messages it generates are being rejected.