PHP and SOAP

wordpress

Hi Good People,

A client of mine is using a VPS, WordPress and Woocommerce plugin. One of the WooCommerce add-ons is a shipping plugin that requires SOAP.

The domain is using PHP 5.3 CGI
I have read on the DH Wiki:

Which I did, but then I get an error (from a shell):
PHP Warning: Module ‘soap’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Okay, great, so I remove the line on the phprc and that removes the error, and shell script gives me a true for SOAP.

However, same script from a browser gives me a false when asking about soap.

Also, trying to install the Fedex plugin also gives me an error that SOAP is missing.

my question is how can I enable, install , activate or otherwise turn soap on so I can get this plugin updated?

Thanks.

be aware that the command prompt/shell script is most likely using php5.2 (this is different than the option you set in the panel for apache to use on the domain)

Try something like
/usr/local/php53/bin/php /path/to/my.php
for your script.

Yes, I have been using: /usr/local/bin/php-5.3 /home/user/script.php wich shows that soap is working.
However, the same script opened in a browser shows false for soap and shows that PHP version is 5.2.17, even though I have changed it to 5.3 for that domain.

I was just now looking at the VPS settings and noticed I still had xcache enabled. I wonder if that was preventing PHP 5.3 from being used??

Okay, after some trouble-shooting I found that the .htaccess file had the following code in it:

#--- DH-PHP handlers ---
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl
AddHandler php-fastcgi .php
Action php-fastcgi /cgi-bin/dispatch.fcgi

which was preventing the PHP version from being changed. I cannot remember if I put that there for something. Once I removed it I had some issues on the site with a WordPress theme that I quickly corrected, so it is possible that I added that.

At any rate, once PHP was upgraded soap was already enabled and the plugin I was after worked fine.

Looks like directives added by the custom php.ini script linked in my sig here which uses PHP 5.2

I should pull my finger out and release the 5.3/5.4 version :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that I think about it more, that is exactly where it came from. It was back in 2011. I needed some extra PHP features and your script worked its magic.

I should have kept better notes for that project.