PHP 5 interpreter (CLI)

Hi

I am installing a php program called PHPGallue.

It’s asking for the location of PHP 5 interpreter (CLI).

Can anyone help

Andrew

Have you tried /usr/local/php5/bin/php ?

-Scott

Thanks for replying quickly.

I get:The specified program doesn’t print out the expected version information for ‘PHP 5’

with /usr/local/php5/bin/php

Strange. DreamHost’s PHP5 installation meets the requirements for Gallue. Is your domain set to run PHP5? This is set from the Panel for Manage Domains, then Edit your domain.

-Scott

It wants to know where utilPhp5 is.

p.s.php5 is on

Never heard of that one, nor do I see anything like that in the PHP installation.

-Scott

Me either, it says this in their help place:

On some systems you can activate this extension for the CLI build by editing /etc/php5/cli/php.ini as root and adding the line extension=mysql.so at the end.

Does this make sense?

Andrew

Looking at DreamHost’s php.ini file, mysql.so isn’t in there. It’s possible that you may have to compile your own PHP:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Installing_PHP5

-Scott

I want to install PHPGallue, a php photo app. and it required mysql.so
which isn’t in my shared hosting php.ini file so you recommended
compiling my own php5, I did with instructions and now I get the
following error:

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /cgi-bin/php.cgi/index.php on this
server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I guess I have to tell Joomla where to look for php5 now, I don’t know
how, please help. http://littledolldreaming.com

Thanks

Andrew

Hi!
I found this thread on Google; as the PHPGallue developer maybe I can help. :slight_smile:

The error “The specified program doesn’t print out the expected version information for ‘PHP 5’” occurs if the specified program doesn’t print out something starting with “PHP 5” if it’s called with the “-v” command line option, like

dibook:~ uellue$ php -v PHP 5.1.4 (cli) (built: Jun 13 2006 18:02:21) Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies If you just execute

/usr/local/php5/bin/php -v in the shell, you will see why this program is not accepted. If it is in fact a PHP 5 interpreter but prints out a text that doesn’t start with “PHP 5”, it is no problem to modify the setup.php source code so that it accepts the program.

“utilPhp5” is just the internal name of the PHP 5 interpreter inside the setup script; it’s of no relevance otherwise.

Concerning the “mysql.so” problem: Probably MySQL support is already compiled into your PHP, so there’s no need to worry about that.
You can find out if the “mysql” extension is activated using phpinfo(); just execute this script (save it somewhere in your “htdocs” directory and open it’s URL with your browser):

<?php phpinfo(); ?> and search for “mysql”. You should find something like

mysql MySQL Support enabled Active Persistent Links 0 Active Links 0 Client API version 4.1.19 MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE external ... if the mysql extension is activated.
As the PHP apache module and the command-line interpreter are different binaries and often have their own configuration, you should also check if mysql is also activated for the command-line PHP interpreter by executing

/usr/local/php5/bin/php -r "phpinfo();" I mentioned the “mysql.so” stuff in the setup
manual because I got into trouble on a Debian-based Linux system with that. They ship PHP without compiled-in MySQL support, but with MySQL support as additional package. Therefore MySQL is loaded as extension. The Debian installer fails to activate this extension in the configuration files under some circumstances. It took me some time to find this error, and if the extension is just activated for mod_php5, but not in the CLI php.ini (also happened to me…), the image converting process crashes. It took me quite some time to figure this out, so I included it in the documentation.

Hope that helps!
Dieter (aka uellue)

http://gallue.sourceforge.net/ PHPGallue image management