PHP 5 and WordPress on DH

I am basically a newbie, but I did manage to create a decent website in WordPress and run it on DH. (with some help from my spouse who can code a little bit)

I don’t understand the technology beneath WordPress, but I believe it works with PHP 4 or 5. I know that DH supports PHP. And, I think I just heard that DH makes PHP5 now available, but we have to access it somehow to make sure our sites are using it. I would like to add a mobile theme to my WordPress site, and it seems that using PHP 5 would be better for the newer, mobile themes. Is there something special I need to do to make sure that my site is running on “the latest” technology? Maybe PHP is not what I should worry about, but maybe there’s another environment that I need to make sure my site is connected to. Are there other things I should do to make sure that my site is accessing the latest technology (whatever is recommended for WordPress) from DH before I add mobile themes? Any help/education is much appreciated! Thanks!

What we just released was support for PHP 5.3. The alternative that people are upgrading from is PHP 5.2, which is still PHP 5… we haven’t supported PHP 4 for some time now, so you don’t need to worry about that. :slight_smile: