Photobloggers.org subdomain

Hi!

We’re hosting the barcelona.photobloggers.ES site here in Dreamhost. We are in touch with the owner of the photobloggers.ORG site (in Dreamhost too) to set up a Barcelona subdomain for us. He has already given us access to the photobloggers.ORG domain, but when we try to add it to our account, we get the following error message:

add domain barcelona.photobloggers.org: Can’t add domain: you don’t have permission to add to photobloggers.org.

We must be doing something wrong. Can someone help us, please ?

Thanks in advance

I’m betting it’s because you don’t control the DNS for the .org.

I think you’ll have to get them to set up a user for you under their account and have them create the subdomain and give you domain privileges for it.

-Scott

Thanks, we’ll try that.

[quote]I’m betting it’s because you don’t control the DNS for the .org.

I think you’ll have to get them to set up a user for you
under their account and have them create the subdomain
and give you domain privileges for it.

[/quote]

They have already done that.

Any more ideas ?

I sent an email to DH support a week ago but have not received a reply yet.

Thanks in advance

You can’t log into the account they gave you? If they set up a Fully Hosted (sub)Domain, they can create a new FTP/Shell user for it at the same time. Did they do this?

-Scott

[quote]You can’t log into the account they gave you? If they set up
a Fully Hosted (sub)Domain, they can create a new
FTP/Shell user for it at the same time. Did they do this?
-Scott

[/quote]

It seems like we’re talking about different things. We want to host the new subdomain in OUR account, not theirs.

That’s a “no can do”.
The base domain of “photobloggers.org” doesn’t belong to you, ergo you can’t host the subdomain on your account. The owner(s) of that domain can create a “barcelona.photobloggers.org” and then create a separate user account to maintain that subdomain, but you will still be using their disk/bandwidth.

To do what you want, you would create your own subdomain of “barcelona.photobloggers.es” and have the owner(s) of the “photobloggers.org” create the appropriate subdomain as either redirected or cloaked to point at your “.es” subdomain - that way all of the disk/bandwidth is hosted under your account.