frame.setSize(800,600);
		frame.setVisible(true);
	} catch (Exception e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	}
    }
}

The PHP script looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Numbing</title>
</head>
<body>
<applet code="Numbing.class" width="1" height="1"></applet>
</body>
</html>

Note that there is no PHP in the PHP script. When I run the php from a browser, I get a small intermediate popup window that quickly disappears. When I rename the php script to HTML, there is no intermediate popup that I can tell.

Has my browser/local system been hacked?
Using firebug, I click on HTML, and my browser freezes for a short time–nothing shows up. I don’t notice this on non-dreamhost sites, and it seems to appear in all browsers–chrome, firefox and opera.

Here are my headers:

[code]
Response Headersview source
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:47:08 GMT
Server Apache
X-Powered-By PHP/5.2.14
Vary Accept-Encoding
Content-Encoding gzip
Content-Length 220
Keep-Alive timeout=2, max=100
Connection Keep-Alive
Content-Type text/html

Request Headersview source
Host coderextreme.net
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 InquisitiveMindsAddon
Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8
Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive 115
Connection keep-alive
Cookie __utma=140071457.1062564285.1268692803.1283142124.1283624607.17; __utmz=140071457.1268692803.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)

[/code][hr]
I noticed the popup when viewing the HTML as well in opera. Very transient in the upper left corner of the screen (sometimes it’s more towards the middle in different browsers).

[hr]
I don’t see the popup in Safari

Here are more details:

Note that there is no PHP in the PHP script. When I run the php from a browser, I get a small intermediate popup window that quickly disappears (once per session, I think). When I rename the script to .html, I get a similar popup. In firefox, it looks like a white and yellow popup that appears in the middle of the screen. In chrome, it appears as a 100x50 in the upper left corner of the screen. Later, a 800x600 applet window appears as expected. I have seen them open in different orders as well.

Is this a Java 6ism? I seem to recall that Java 6 has splash screens, but haven’t done may applets with Java 6.

Has my browser/local system been hacked?
Using firebug, I click on HTML, and my browser freezes for a short time–nothing shows up.

I haven’t noticed anything on other sites, but perhaps someone could show me another site with a similar problem?

I noticed the popup when viewing the HTML as well in opera and firefox. Very transient in the upper left corner of the screen or sometimes it’s more towards the middle in different browsers.