Perl MySql problem

software development

Hi there:
My scripts, which haven’t changed and have been working since at least last Tuesday (Nov 27) started failing somewhere between that date and today (December 03). The error in my apache logs points to the following line in my perl code.

use Mysql

Has someone perhaps removed the module from the shared perl libraries? Again, this line and my MySQL Perl functionality was working just great last Tuesday (Nov 27, 2007)

Cheers,

Jon

1. What is the actual error message? My bet is that perl can’t find the module.

2. Holy crap my man, the Mysql module is WAY out of date. Why on earth aren’t you using DBI and DBD::mysql?

I’m seeing the same problem. Of course this had to happen while I was on holiday, so it’s something else to sort out as soon as I got back (along with all my real work)!

Can’t locate Mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at test_script line N.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at test_script line N.

1. Quick and dirty. This was my first attempt at writing a perl script to do my DB work, and there were lots of basic Mysql samples laying around. I guess maybe this is motivation to move on!