Pending Rewards Payments

I signed up using a promo code and have never created any or told anyone my email address for anyone to use if they signed up. I was working in the panel and was looking at the Rewards section. This part of it is a bit confusing:

[quote]You currently have $0.00 of Rewards payments built up!
You also have $11.94 of pending Rewards payments (less than 97 days old).[/quote]
What does the second line mean?

It basically means that the system ‘thinks’ someone has signed-up using your affiliate link or a promo-code you created. Looking at the strange amount, I would say the rewards have been added as 10% recurring.

Since you have not created a promo-code or placed your affiliate link anywhere, I can only imagine that someone has messed up their own affiliate link (and are accidently using your affiliate number) or there was a glitch in the rewards system.

You can find a little more information on why you have been awarded the rewards payment by examine the Rewards Payment Report and the Listing of People at the bottom of the rewards page of the panel.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I guess you’re right.

I took a look at the rewards report and as you thought, someone must have used my affiliate number and paid $119.40 that I will get 10 % of. I guess I have to wait until the 97 day money back guarantee has expired before I get access to them.

Will they be added to my next hosting bill or do I have to something else?

After the 97 day pending period has elapsed, the rewards will be accessible. You can then either manually move them to your account balance, or leave them where they are and they will automatically be applied against your account balance if it happens to be negative at the end of any month.

Remember, this particular referral is recurring, so you can look forward to a $11.94 payment each year, assuming the person remains at DreamHost. While it doesn’t sound like much, this is enough to finance an extra domain registration :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Do you have a dreamhost link on any of your sites that are hosted here?

Maybe DH pulled you from the HTTP_REFERER variable and gave you credit… which would actually the right thing to do, since you could have very easily added your affiliate ID to a link on your own site.

It wouldn’t have to be a big “hosted by DH” banner on your home page. If you have a forum, comments, etc… where you or anyone else might have posted the URL, that’s still posting from your site.

If that’s the case, I’d go add your affiliate ID to your links… not just to get money, but to get credit if a scraper site ever steals your content. :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

No, I don’t have any links to DreamHost from my sites. I checked everything just to be sure, but I don’t even mention DreamHost.

Just to extend on that, do you host any sites/forums for anyone else that might have linked to Dreamhost?

If you have any forums hosted, for you or anyone else, you could try searching them for “dreamhost.”

One more thing… if your screen name here is the same as your DH user name, maybe you helped someone here before and they entered your forum name as a referrer. Technically, that could even be the case if you use this name on any forum and someone entered it as a referrer, just because that’s what they know you as.

Or how about someone that knows you (and your email address), that might have signed up and entered your email address?

Or it could be one of your enemies trying to mess with your head. I need some enemies like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).

I only host my own sites and my screen name here is completely different from my web ID and FTP/SSH login.

[quote]Or how about someone that knows you (and your email address), that might have signed up and entered your email address?

[/quote]

That might actually be what has happen. The username that is listed in the report have some similarities to a friend that I know recently switched to DreamHost. I can’t figure out how he got that email address since we have no contact over email. I have to ask him.

I’m curious to hear how it happened. A final guess would be that he just put your name (or your domain?) in there and someone at DH actually matched it up and gave you credit. That would be pretty cool if that’s what happened.

Me too, please post if/when you discover the truth behind the rewards payment.

I’ve had one or two strange rewards payments as well, like a 10% recurring payment when I have always had mine set to one-time payment, but I’ve never really given it much thought.

Mark