Pending Account and Billing Problem

I originally post this yesterday in a forum of a similar situation:

"Hi, I am trying to cancel my account because I misunderstood the payment plan. I read 8.95 per month as my billing plan rather than what it actually says which is $214 every 2 years.

When I signed up for dreamhost an hour ago I entered my billing information as prompted. After I clicked confirmed the page reloaded and asked me to enter my CSV card number multiple times. I could not exit the screen and had to refresh the page. I went into my account to check if my billing information had gone through but it says pending.

My account is pending and says “error - failure to communicate with server” when I try to end the billing period today. I do not have the option of closing the account on my page. It says to please fix the error below instead. I submitted my ticket to customer support #5797847. I do not want to be billed for the payment plan and want to cancel my account with dreamhost as soon as possible."

I received an email notification that my account had to be verified via email and to click the link inside. I did and it said my account has already been activated and does not require the activation link. When I logged into my panel however I still have a pending account and I am still unable to close the account and get rid of my mistake of picking a hosting plan. I want to be removed from dreamhost and this bill as well. Please review my ticket #5797847 as soon as possible

Treliz28,

Yikes! As soon as our approvals/billing team comes in
they can work in we can get this all sorted out. They do
work regular business hours 9-5 PST. You will be contacted
through the email as soon as it is resolved. I will also follow up
through here as soon as I hear something! Your patience is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dee J.

Thank you so much for your response! I wasn’t ready to decide on a hosting site yet so I went into a panic when I realized that I may have accidently charged myself repeatedly for that amount.

I appreciate your reply to my post!
Thanks Dee :slight_smile:

–Treliz28

Treliz28,

You account was cancelled! One of our admins will email you shortly with details. You can reply there directly with any questions or comments. Thanks for being so patient :slight_smile:

Dee J.

Thank you so much Dee! Your customer service was really fast and sincere :slight_smile: I will remember the regular business day work hours for the future. Have a good day :slight_smile: