Pending account (14 Feb); no response from support

Hello,

I seem to be having similar problems to others that signed up with Google Checkout. Unfortunately at the time it was the only credit card-based payment option. Google Checkout informs me that my CC has been charged.

My account (signed up on 14 Feb) is still pending.

I have now opened 3 support tickets (over the course of 3 days): the first asking when the account could be approved, a second with an escalated urgency, and a third asking for either the account to be activated or a refund to be issued.

I have received no reply to any support tickets.

I am therefore asking through the forum for the account to be activated or for a refund to be issued.

first mistake was using google checkout. there have been numerous posts about the delay when using that payment method. i really wish DH would stop allowing people to sign up and pay with it. it would have gone quicker if you just used a debit/credit card. here is hoping you get a response soon though.

http://www.marciesgifts.com
PM for custom CMS(drupal,joomla,etc)/Blog(WP,MT,etc
)/forum(phpbb,smf,etc) install/transfer $75.
[color=#CC0000]$25 Off[/color] w/promo code SPRINKLES

I understand your frustration, but your best avenue is the support system. As the other poster stated, Google Checkout is a slow process here. Plus, it’s a holiday weekend, which means more people will be in tomorrow to respond to such requests. There’s also a better contact form you can use for sales:
http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

-Scott

If I’m not mistaken it’s the only option to sign up from certain countries.

Maybe they changed something. When I signed up last year they took a credit card straight up.

My bank does the same thing when I pay someone via Internet Banking. The total in my balance is immediately reduced, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the ammount is instantly available to the receiving party.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

As others have implied, whether credit card payments are accepted for signups is dependent on the country you’re in. Even this list changes periodically.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Thank you for everyone’s assistance. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

As for the credit card options, the system seems to me to be rather inscrutable. I am in Australia, and Google Checkout was the only option on Feb 14th, but I looked the day after and saw that the option of directly paying with a CC was available! And when I lived in France Google Checkout was the only option when I tried around 1 Jan. So clearly not restricted to “non-first-world” countries or some such…

I am tempted to register again with a different CC, not via Google Checkout, and then wait for a refund for the original account. Does this sound sensible?

I signed up from Australia with a CC and the account was active within the hour.

Just signed up with a different CC and email and it’s functioning immediately.

Completely agree that they should get rid of Google Checkout.

Now waiting for the refund for my first account - have filed a ticket and used the form linked to above.

HI,
I have also signed up for Dream Host on 14th February. I don’t have a credit card with me. So, I used my friend’s credit card and paid for the bill. the amount also got deducted from his account. But still my account is pending approval. I am from India and I used Google checkout to pay. i am new to this Dream host. I have also raised 2 tickets(1 emergency), but no reply for both of them. I don’t know what to do. Please help me. Waiting for your replies.Thank you!!!

As everyone has said in this and innumerable other threads, it takes a while for Google checkout customers to be approved and for Dreamhost to enable your account. There’s some thread around here that recommends the waiting time before submitting a ticket, but it’s on the order of a week or so, I think (for Google Checkout).

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

…which is why there are security checks that prolong waiting periods.