Paypal and activation time

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for an account to be activated ?

Considering the following:

1. It’s paid with paypal.
  2. It’s from a verified account.
  3. I have received an email from DH saying “thank you we’ve received your payment”.

I would’ve thought that would be instant activation… a little disappointing. I forfeited a 97-day money back guarantee because I figured it would take longer to do the whole fax thing.

I asked support how long it would take and they replied that I should “expect [my] account to be activated, and for [my] account activation welcome letter to arrive by email”. Funny that, yes, I would expect thse things since I paid ^^ It’s more that the time period is a little longer than what I was “expecting” - question unanswered :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So… to anyone signed up recently with paypal… would you be able to tell me how long it took to activate?

cheers

I signed-up using PayPal a fair while ago and my account was approved and active within 10-15 minutes. However a friend who signed-up the next day had to wait 3 days for his approval.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thanks Mark… wish I’d just done the fax thing now and kept my 97 day money back guarantee. Let’s hope I end up loving the service once it’s activated…

I’ve been waiting since the 8th. But I used a credit card.

There is a good chance you will. There are a lot of hosting companies out there these days, many of them offering plans for around the same price as DreamHost, but (in my opinion) none of them come close to offering the ‘full package’ that DreamHost does.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

checked on this and it had already been activated.