Payment Methods?is this okay?

Hi,

my contract is about to expired in couple months
and I want to renew it

unfortunately seems my brother CC is expired this year (and he doesn’t seems want to renew it), problems for me.
I have paypal account but still can’t make a payment since I live in Indonesia.

so here’s what I want to do.
I ask my friends who lived in korea to donate from DH link donation that I made
is that works/fine?
how much do he have to donate for exact 1 year payment (Level 1)? (since paypal charges fee for it, and yes I never use paypal and don’t know any detail about it)
and how to make payment from donation?

Thank you

~Blebekblebek

[quote]I have paypal account but still can’t make a payment since I live in Indonesia.
[/quote]
What’s the problem with your paypal payment? The best way is to renew using your paypal. Check DH panel --> Billing --> Manage accounts.

I think so because DH states very clearly that donation will go to your account.

The current price of one year of level 1 plan is 7.95/mon and around 95.4/year

check DH panel --> Home --> Donations (to you)

Did I miss anything?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Question - How quickly do donated funds become available? (I don’t know, but I’d hate to get you caught.)

This might be a good time to talk to support.

Wholly

Thanks wholly.

I never tried the donation before. But from what I understand, the donations to you will automaticallly go to your account.

DH says “There is a processing fee of 5% plus $0.30 deducted from donations before they are applied to your bill.”. That means they will check when it is time to rebill your account.

Is that correct?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Just to clarify; If you are paying yearly the price for the level 1 plan is $9.95 per month, or $119.40 for the full year. The $7.95 per month price is only if you pre-pay for 2 years.

As Nathan said, if you are using a PayPal donation button to make the payment, you will have to factor in the extra PayPal charges.

Have you actually tried to use your own PayPal account (or your friends account) to add the required amount to your DreamHost account using Billing -> Make Payment in the panel? If you can make the payment this way, there should be no extra PayPal fees.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)