Paying with paypal

hi all ova here,
i want to know is there any way to use promo code when paying with paypal?
i dont have a Credit card.
is there anyway to use promo code with paypal ?

I believe the two downsides of using PayPal are:

1. No promo codes.

2. No 97-day money back guarantee.

Why not just get the free PayPal debit card and use it for credit card payment?

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Unfortunately, I don’t think these PayPal cards are available in many (any?) countries outside of the United States.

One option may be to obtain a VISA debit card that many banks offer. Strictly speaking these are not credit-cards, as you only have access to your own money, but they can be used in place of a credit-cards for online purchases.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

ah ok thanks for informing i will try to manage something. as i just got in here through a ad of dreamhost on another site, i m completely new to dreamhost my interest is to start a site where a community can listen and upload/download mp3 songs. which infact needs a lot of bandwidth. but i know still i cant cross the half of bandwidth mentioned in the hosting plan as it will not be an english songs site. so all i wana know is that i can start such a site on dream host? anyone having a music site on dream host?

Keep in mind that US law applies, regardless of where you are–so unless you own the copyright for the music, or have express permission to use/distribute it, the site will end up getting shut down.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).

I have no idea of where they’re available. I never really looked into them–and I’m not sure if they’re subject to the same regulations or not, since they can only pull money from a PayPal account.

Another possible option… what about those Visa gift cards? No idea if that’s a US-only thing or not, but I wouldn’t think they’d have as much of a fraud problem since they’re pre-paid.

I am reasonably sure I have seen these advertised here in Australia, so they aren’t a US only thing and may indeed offer a solution.

It is worth noting that promo-codes were once valid with PayPal payments, but DreamHost removed this sometime in 2006. I am guessing it was somehow related to fraud prevention and I doubt things will change anytime soon.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

actually i have that thing already in my mind it will not be against copyright.

Well i facts, in many country, credit card are not widely used,
but there is an authorisation to spend more than you have with your bank (with card, check, cash or whatever).

There is no real difference in acceptance of credit /debit card.

Just avoid visa electron / mastercard cirrus (the bank must say OK for EACH payment, even 1 cent. they are not accepted everywhere).

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#6600CC]97USD[/color] :cool: use “moua” as referrer

It could be fraud, but I’ve also wondered if the two PayPal disadvantages were simply there to encourage credit card payments. For the volume they do, if their merchant account has even just a slightly lower rate, it could add up to a ton of money at the end of the year.

I deal with a retail site where it’s not advertised for that reason, but it is occasionally accepted in some situations.

Kinda like how you’re not allowed to charge people extra for using a credit card (or PayPal for that matter), but there’s no law against giving cash discounts. Not much different than saying, “We won’t charge you .4859% extra for using PayPal, but if you do use it, we won’t give you a $97 discount.”

I know there’s plenty of PayPal fraud out there, but then again, credit card fraud was around before PayPal even existed.

I should probably add that if that’s why they do it, I don’t consider it greedy or deceptive–I think it’s smart and don’t blame them. If they’re paying a lot more to accept PayPal, then it’s nice of them to continue accepting it as a convenience for those that have no other options–even without the promo codes.

That’s good.

But since you mentioned users uploading music to share, keep in mind that you are responsible for everything they upload as well, so if they upload a song that isn’t theirs to give out, it’s the same as if you do it yourself.

Unless all of your users are musicians that are only sharing music they write, I’d keep a very close eye on what gets uploaded.

as you mentioned monitering of the site i would like to give you a links to site, they are my friends and they are having such kinda site i was talking about. it is all about a site featuring local musicians and there is nothing about any copyright. http://www.pashtohits.com please take a look at this if this is against your terms and conditions then letme know

If you’re sure about the copyright stuff, it shouldn’t be a problem.

It should be noted that this forum mainly consists of Dreamhost customers, though there are a few employees that occasionally post.

For a truly official answer, if you have any doubts, it would probably be best to contact Dreamhost and ask them what they think.

Honestly, I can’t tell by looking at that example page since I don’t know who any of them are.

k thanks :smiley: after their response if i get YES from them i m going to use your promo code :wink:

Thanks! :wink:

There’s probably a pretty good chance they’ll say something similar to what I said, but it’s still best to hear it straight from them, since they’re the ones that enforce the rules.

About visa gift cards, I would ask DreamHost first, before buying one. Regarding virtual Visas, we talked about that in another thread, and there may be some problems, if DH ask you to send a copy of the card through fax, and we can´t fax something virtual :stuck_out_tongue:

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile: