Path Change

Hi there,
I’ve had trouble with my site for a while now and never got it to work how i want, which isn’t even asking a lot. I accidentally deleted a lot of my files in Aptana, which i have linked via ftp, and now I’m kind of starting over again. I still have the code of my main page and my CSS that I want to work but won’t attach once uploaded. all i want for today is for that to work!

The page redirects to some default page that dreamhost put up once i started… the site is onedollartech.com and i want it to go to my index.html file so i need to change the path somehow, but how??

In my original project code i had the index file set up with CSS and it was wonderful. Idk what happened now bc im using the same code in a new project and it won’t connect to the CSS. the top lines look like this:

[code]

ONE DOLLAR STUFF

<!-- Place favicon.ico and apple-touch-icon.png in the root directory -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/normalize.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/main.css">
    <script src="js/vendor/modernizr-2.6.2.min.js"></script>
</head>[/code]

please help me get my site up and running and teach me how to change the paths of my files in my site!! Thank you!!

the dreamhost coming soon file is called quickstart.html.

It follows index.html in the search order for an index. That means that if you have an index.html it should simply AND automatically override quickstart.html

It’s fine to simply delete quickstart.html but if you have an index.html in the same directory, you shouldn’t have to delete it.

ok, so now a problem im having is that instead of onedollartech.com/index or whatever in the properties, it just says /index.html and isnt connected to the url for my site. how do i set the url homepage to be index.html? im using html5 broilerplate and twitter bootstrap for the css and the css connects locally but not on the server.

It looks to me that your index page, favicons and css is working?

You may wish to consider using server side includes to reduce site maintenance. One include for a header and another for the footer. This way you can change the header or footer on every page in your site by updating a single file. This combined with using CSS is a very powerful tool for refreshing the feel of a web site.

The links on the page are incorrect, you can use relative links. So:

<li><a href="onedollartech.com/products">Products</a></li>

should be

FIXED!
i didnt have all my files in a folder of the same name. get that, right?