Path-Based Permissions with Subversion

I’ve been trying to set up bath-based permissions with my subversion repository, and have failed nevertheless, hence my post here. I’ve editing two files: the repository.access file found under the “svn” folder and the authz file found within the “conf” folder of the particular repository folder. When I edited the repository.access file, I changed it to the following below (the actual usernames, etc, have been modified obviously)

[/]

• =
    bob = rw

[repos:/app/views]
sally = rw

When I try to login under sally however, it doesn’t give me access at all. What I want, is for bob to be able to view the entire repository, while sally can only view the “views” section of the repository (which happens to be a rails app hence views).

So since that didn’t work, I tried editing the “authz” file to the same text above, and uncommmenting the authz-db line in the svnserve.conf file. Of course this didn’t work either. It actually seemed like the authz file had no effect whatsoever on the permissions. Anyways, could anyone point me in the right direction in doing path-based permissions for subversion in Dreamhost? I’ve googled the subject and found several useful links that got me this far, but I’m stuck at why I can’t limit access to that particular path. Even if I try only limiting the path [/app/views] or the path [/views] it doesn’t work. So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

I just find it nearly impossible to set up a path-based auth in Dreamhost. The technical support reply me: " He has no idea how to do it, but it is possilble. You should try it yourself"

I nearly give up and change to other server provider due to the attitude and the ability of technical support.

[hr]
I just find it nearly impossible to set up a path-based auth in Dreamhost. The technical support reply me: " He has no idea how to do it, but it is possilble. You should try it yourself"

I nearly give up and change to other server provider due to the attitude and the ability of technical support.