So I've gone through just about all the material I can find trying to
solve this with no luck, so I figure you all might be able to help.
I'm trying to get Substruct (a rails app) up and running on DreamHost using Passenger. Now when I used WEBrick everything works just like it
should. However (as has been documented before), DreamHost doesn't
like WEBrick and so I'm trying to use mod_rails (Passenger) instead.
However, whenever I try and access Substruct, Passenger gives me the
"A source file that the application requires, is missing.
- It is possible that you didn't upload your application files
correctly. Please check whether all your application files are
- A required library may not installed. Please install all
libraries that this application requires.
Further information about the error may have been written to the
application's log file. Please check it in order to analyse the
Could not find RubyGem fastercsv (>= 0)
A couple of notes:
1) I've installed all the gems (including fastercsv) in my local
directory and modified the GEM_PATH to match in my .bash_profile
2) I've trying adding a line in my environment.rb file similar to:
ENV['GEM_PATH'] = '/home//.gems:/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8'
3) I've tried unpacking the gem into my vendor/ directory
Nothing has really worked so far. If anyone has any ideas it would be