Partial Network Outage (www.dreamhost.com)

Something happened about 15 minutes ago that appears to have knocked, in DH’s estimation, about half of the servers offline.

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com

There’s no detail available yet.

I can confirm that the panel, webmail and hosting is NOT impacted on ALL servers. REPEAT - NOT ALL SERVERS and SERVICES ARE DOWN OR UNAVAILABLE.

Keep your eyes on http://www.dreamhoststatus.com for further updates.

I’m sure that the swear jar at DH is completely full by now - or at least the neighbors are starting to think that they have Tourettes Syndrome.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Thanks for the heads up. It’s obviously annoying when this happens, but I’m sure that goes for everybody involved, not just us customers.

I’ll be honest though, I’m ok with occasional downtime. It happens. But DH’s blatant disregard for the importance of closing

tags on the dreamhost status site fills my heart with rage. >=|

I think they were in a bit of a rush… (grin)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Update:

7:15PM PST

We’re still actively trying to diagnose and fix the problem… it seems to possibly be a physical problem with one of the fiber cables between two of our data centers. We’ll post further updates here as we progress. Thank you very much for your patience and we apologize for the downtime this is causing.

7:20PM PST

We experienced a failure in one of our 10gigabit network interfaces. We swapped it out for a spare one and we believe we are back up and running! There may be some residual problems where some servers need to be rebooted, however the root cause of the problem is fixed. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any further problems!

Beat me to it.

Seems to have many problem recently…

Use Promo Code [color=#CC0000]FULL_97_OFF[/color] to host 1 year for $22.4 ; [color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF[/color] to host 2 year with lifetime unique IP for $123.8