Parking (and then recovering) Wordpress site?

Hello community—beginner here, seeking guidance from the experts. I have a Wordpress.org site fully hosted by DH, but I’m not going to be using it for the next few months, and don’t want to pay $13.99/month for it to just sit there. I’d like to “park” it for the time being, but then “revive” it at some point in the future.

• Is “parking” a domain free, or would I continue to pay the fully hosted rate while it’s parked?

• What will happen to all of my Wordpress files/data while the site is parked? Will I be able to access/recover them down the line, or will I need to copy/transfer them somewhere else before parking the domain? (I’m unclear as to where these files “live,” or how this works, in general.)

• If I park the domain for now, and later find a hosting service that costs less than $13.99/month (a recent, sudden, and jarring increase), can I transfer all of my Wordpress files directly from DH to the new host?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Newbie McGee

Park it before closing the hosting part within Panel.

They will be inaccessible and removed from the server after your hosting is closed. Back up everything before closing your hosting,

Just restore your site on the new host from your backup.

Perfect, thank you! Appreciate your lightning-fast and helpful reply.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.