Parked to Fully Hosted Domain

I was able to use the 1-click install for Gallery but I can’t access yet the installation directory. Is it because the top domain is still parked?

How long before a parked domain be accessed as a fully hosted domain?

I think this is the standard DNS update wait - the short “update the server” one, not the longer “update the nameserver” one. That is, could be as little as a few hours and up to a day (and maaaaaybe two if you’re unlucky).

BTW, when you say “the top domain is still parked”, I don’t think this matters. The question is when did you start hosting for the subdomain?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

My DNS update have been always a few minutes to an hour for top domains and subdomains.

I am using only a directory of the top domain, not a subdomain so I thought it will be faster.

So wait, when you say the “top domain”, you mean the domain (that is, there’s no subdomain)?

And all you’ve done is change it from parked to fully hosted?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

That is right, I used only a directory, not a subdomain. I have already received the email that it was installed successfully but it is not yet completed since until now, I can’t access it.

My Dreamhost panel is reflecting fully hosted now but checking the domain, it is still displaying parked. You can check it out at photority.com.

Well, you’re right, still parked. I guess it’s back to waiting.

Read up on the wiki page on viewing your site before dns propagates. By following the instructions there, you should be able to see your site almost immediately. Then again, by the time you’re finished getting that set up, the DNS info might have already propagated. :slight_smile: