Panel Problems?

I can’t log in, either… and all my solidcomponents php stuff isn’t working, either. o_o

Yep, can’t seem to get in either and have tried every browser I have. :slight_smile:

Guess, this means I am done working for the night.

deb

neither can i, all i get is cannot find server.

Dreamhost was working on the system on Sunday. They sent this out to customers who opt in to receive these announcements:

Hello DreamHost Customers!

This Sunday, July 20th, we’ll be performing some maintenance on one of our central
database machines. This means that most centralized services will be intermittently
unavailable:
panel.dreamhost.com
dreamhost.com (signups)
Webmail
Dreambook
Domainitron
Kbase

Your website and mail will not be affected by this downtime.

The maintenance window is schedule for Sunday July 20th, 11am - 5pm PST.

Happy DreamHost Database Team!

Thank you for taking the time to read this announcement,
The DreamHost Announcement Team

zentao web design, graphic art and design at www.zentao.com

zentao7, Gallery of Artists and Speculative Novel Writers Groups

There seem to be more such instances in recent months as compared to say two years ago. Growing pain?

Yours Truly, nameslave

nameslave.com | DNForum.com | HostHideout.com

Not as many as all that. The downtime for DH for maintenance and upgrades is very negligible when compared to the volume of CERT advisories that must be addressed.

And, believe me, other hosting services are NOT as diligent as Dreamhost, nor as secure, nor as conscientious about fixes. Other hosts are down a LOT more, not for scheduled maintenance, but for other issues because they aren’t as diligent as DH.

And, yeah, this is from personal experience.

I have to work with a hoard of hosting services of client’s choice, and I can tell you that the majority are VERY unstable, down a lot more, and take forever to respond to issues.

zentao web design, graphic art and design at www.zentao.com

zentao7, Gallery of Artists and Speculative Novel Writers Groups

It doesn’t seem to be working again… And, my PHP stuff with solidcomponents is still dead. This worries me.

Studio Monster Ink