Panel.dreamhost.com

hello, i was wondering why panel.dreamhost.com is not working? was fine yesterday but this morning it happened to be completly blank.
any idea why?
many thanks.

Are you using Firefox on Windows?
Try a forced reload (control-F5) or click the green ‘go’ top right if you have it enabled.

Norm

Opinions are my own views and are not the views of DreamHost.
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon only at your own risk.

hi, thanks for your quick response. tried it but doesn’t work. can’t get access at all.

I’m having problems, too, but retrying it has been working for me. Once I’m in, it works.

-Scott

You might have to try deleting your panel.dreamhost.com cookie. Closing the browser and restarting it again.

Norm

bizarre hein! it works on explorer and not on firefox. i don’t know if it is because of the padlock icon i get in my address bar. i prefer working on firefox though…shame…
still open for options …
tanks

It happens to me on Firefox a few times. Annoying but you just have to be persistent either removing the cookie and restarting or using the reload a few times.

Norm

yes …thanks norm

sorry jubilated a bit early… it let me enter pwd and username but then comes blank again. too bad… i’ll carry working on explorer.

I was about to post a new topic and saw this one.

I’m having the same problem, and it is not solved by removing the cookie.

It is a name resolution problem

[quote]C:\Documents and Settings\Babster>tracert https://panel.dreamhost.com
Unable to resolve target system name https://panel.dreamhost.com[/quote]

The panel is up as of now so maybe it is an ISP DNS problem.
Sticking with the cookies. Try phase three :slight_smile: .
Delete all the cookies with the dreamhost.com domain.
Empty the browser cache.
Close down the browser and try again.
Phase four is the same as phase three but includes a PC reboot.
Sorry but there is no phase five. :frowning:

Norm

I checked the panel just a minute ago and got the same issue with WebKit. It took several attempts at reloading to get it all working again.

I don’t use my ISP’s DNS. After t his many reports, it’s pretty easy to tell the issue isn’t client side.

cannot log in to panel.dreamhost.com using a web ID. I’ve tried this on 5 different computers running mac os x, windows xp, win2k, and linux using every browser possible on each system. this is totally stopping a project right now. grrr. nothing works: deleting cookies, relaunching, rebooting, zapping the PRAM, Rebuilding the desktop, Fixing permissions, Reinstalling the OS… which is all pointless to try. Oh and the funniest thing is to send email to tech support you have to log in… which I cannot do.

I am having no troubles logging into panel.dreamhost.com

mac OSX 10.3.9 safari

you can email support at support@dreamhost.com if you cannot log into the panel.

[i]Sorry but there is no phase five.

5 different computers running mac os x, windows xp, win2k, and linux using every browser possible on each system. [/i]

Linux was my step 5 sigguestion; How about turning off javascript? (Panel works for me).

tor.eff.org

Have you tried using your email address (the one that DreamHost used to say ‘Welcome’) instead of your WebId. Again you would need to empty your cache.

Norm

logging works if you use the “master” webID or the email address. however logging in as spefic users webID for that account no longer works.