Paid by Paypal and promo code worked

Hi all

I originally paid by card but was unable to fax the form over from the UK, so have re-applied for an account via PayPal.

My full $97 discount came off and only $22.40 was taken from my PayPal account.

I’m a little confused, though, as I have read on these forums that codes are not accepted when you pay with PayPal!

Have I been lucky, or is this a new change? I don’t want to be hit with another invoice for $97 down the line…

I think the latest is you get the discount, but not the 97-day money back guarantee, when using paypal.

They need more support help.
Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

Ah, well, that’s good enough for me.
Thanks for replying.

I think the only PayPal limitation here is that there’s no 97 day money back guarantee. The rewards page mentions no PayPal limitation:
http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting-rewards.html

-Scott

There was a bug that restricted promo codes to credit card payments. It was a surprise when a DH Honcho found out and a day or two later it was all fixed up.

Glad you’re happy. I think that 22.40 for a year’s hosting is a pretty decent deal even if you do end up having to walk away. At least you don’t have to worry too much about getting nailed for bandwidth or storage overages.

Wholly

I am not sure I’d classify it as a ‘bug’. The payment page of the sign-up process (up until recently) made it quite clear that a credit-card was the only payment option if you were using a promo-code. Thankfully, it’s all good now :slight_smile:

Especially when you factor in the $9.95 for the ‘free’ domain registration. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

[quote]payment page of the sign-up process (up until recently) made it quite clear

[/quote]

That was part of the bug. :slight_smile:

They need more support help.
Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

When you’re the owner and it does it wrong - it’s a bug. (More like an unintended restriction).

But it’s good to hear that it’s really working.

Wholly