Page Forwarding?

I have a domain which i bought before on go daddy, but i don’t have hosting by go daddy. Is it possible that i can host a website on my dreamhost server, and link to to the godaddy domain?
I want it so what when u go on www.mygodaddydomain.com, i want the address bar to stay that address, and not change to my dreamhost domain. This i know can be done with forwarding and masking, but I want is to be so that when i click, for example on the aboutme.html, i want the address bar to be www.mygodaddydomain.com/aboutme.html
Note that the aboutme.html page in on the dreamhost server and the domain is registered by godaddy.
What are my options to do this?
Thank you!

Just go to godaddy’s controls, and set your dns servers to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2… and ns3… (if I understand your question). At DreamHost’s panel, add your domain as a fully hosted domain, and upload the content to the server.

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

if we understand correctly, the post above has already given you the right answer.

first, set the dns server name to

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

you should do this in GoDaddy.

second, add domain in DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains

Just give some extra info. It may take some time for the DNS change to propagate in the server.

More information, you can refer to http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Domains/Transfers/_Transfer_Hosting

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Yep, you guys got it, now I just need to get it to work :slight_smile:
What do i do with domain forwading on the godaddy account? Do I disable it now?
Thanx

It can take up to 72 hours for the new DNS information to propagate across the Internet, though in reality, it usually happens a lot quicker than this.

You can if you wish, although it should have no effect anyway once the DNS for your domain is being handled by the DreamHost name servers.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Sweet. It took a couple hours to propagate but it works now!!!
THANKS GUYS!!!

Excellent, I am glad it worked out for you. :slight_smile:

A word of warning, do not be surprised if the domain ‘comes and goes’ over the next day or so, this is not unusual as the new DNS information propagates.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

:stuck_out_tongue:

It is really fast to finish propagating in 2 hours.

welcome to DH!

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW