Outside access to just one subdirectory

I have a website up that showcases real estate. I want to put in a subdirectory that someone across the country can upload videos to and possibly link to. I want to grant that person access to that subdirectory, but not the root directory beneath it. Can I do this? Is this what WebDav is for?

Here is what I did:

Created a new FTP user with non webaccess and made the directory inside of it.

Created a symbolic link in the website.
ln -s /home/ftpuser/directory/ actualwebdirectorynameyouwanttoappear

It works because they’re the same group by default (unless you change that in groups. Also you can’t modify the files in that directory from your user, you’d have to login under the ftp user account.

digitalrundown.com

That sounds good. How do you create a symbolic link?

one way is to set up FTP users to access certain folders.

The other way is to set up a “sub account”. Create a new WebID and set up privileges by DH panel --> Bills --> Account Privileges.

More infor please refer http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Account_Control_Panel/Billing::_Account_Privileges

The benefit of doing this is that the new user can log in to the web panel and do some configurations.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

He showed you - but it does require that you be logged into your server to do it:

Created a symbolic link in the website.
ln -s /home/ftpuser/directory/ actualwebdirectorynameyouwanttoappear

This might be why you were a bit confused.

Wholly