Outlook Problem

Task ‘changeforsecurityreason@mydomain.com - Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC92) : ‘Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Login failed.’

I keep receiving this error. Can someone tell me why? I can access the webmail for the users just fine. Login/Pass is correct.

Using POP3 and configured to mail.mydomain.com
SPA uncheck
Incoming and Outgoing both use SMTP users authentication.

Note: mydomain.com is change only here for purpose of unreview the upcoming website. It is correctly addressed in the setup.

Can someone tell me why I can’t connect using MS Outlook?

Check that under the servers tab that the 'Incoming’account name is correct. If you are using ‘M’ style mailboxes enter the correct number. If you have created an ftp user then use that username.
Check that under the ‘outgoing mail server’ “settings” that only the top option “Use same settings…” is selected.
Then under the ‘advanced’ tab check that no SSL boxes have been selected.

If all else fails delete the account in Outlook and then reinstall it and see if that helps. You could even try using an IMAP option instead of POP3 and see if that works okay.

Norm

I don’t know what happened. I checked today and everything run fine.

Thank you.

I should have asked how long ago you created the account because sometimes it needs a day to get all the bits up to speed.
Then again sometimes they are up and ready in minutes. :s

Maybe it was just the MS pixies?

Norm