Outlook not retaining new DreamHost mailserver settings

email

Hi there

I’m trying to update Outlook 2016/365 with the new mail server, homie.mail.dreamhost.com but Outlook doesn’t retain the changes I make when I ‘repair’ the mail account. It keeps reverting to my ‘vanity’ url. Has anyone else had this problem?

I’ve tried deleting and re adding the account, it automatically adds vanity mail server in.
I’ve tried creating a new mail profile and adding the account, same deal.

While I’m getting every sub folder from the mailbox, I can’t see anything in the inbox, while my iPhone shows me the inbox just fine without changing any server settings - still happily using vanity URL.

Any thoughts/ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Julia

Hi there I’m trying to update Outlook 2016/365 with the new server, but Outlook doesn’t retain the changes I make when I ‘repair’ mail account homie.mail.dreamhost.comwritemypaperfast . It keeps reverting to my ‘vanity’ url. Has anyone else had this problem?

I’ve tried deleting and re adding the account, it automatically adds vanity mail server in.
I’ve tried creating a new mail profile and adding the account, same deal.

While I’m getting every sub folder from the mailbox, I can’t see anything in the inbox, while my iPhone shows me the inbox just fine without changing any server settings - still happily using vanity URL.

Any thoughts/ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Julia,

The issue may be with add-ins in the Outlook. Are you using Actionstep or NetDocuments? You may try to remove all the add-ins and then try to update the settings.

Hope that helps.

You do not want to use homie.mail.dreamhost.com as the server name. Please see our guide here:

If you need further assistance, please contact support directly from your panel here:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg&