i don’t know if it’s just me but i’ve had so many problems with outlook express it’s not even funny. is it possible for me to have the same email on two computers? well, here is my entire procedure:
- open outlook express
- File > Identities > Add New Identity
- Type your name: Yohko. No password.
- Switch to this Identity
- Display name: Missie Yohko
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- POP3, mail.bewitchingchild.com, mail.bewitchingchild.com
- Account Name: yohko
- Password: ******
- Tools > Accounts
- highlight mail.bewitchingchild.com, see properties, click servers, check “my server requires authentication”
- Click Ok
here’s the problem.
None of the emails i had in my inbox are there. When i click Send/Recieve it shows no error. However when I try to send something it says:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: ‘mail.bewitchingchild.com’, Server: ‘mail.bewitchingchild.com’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
i’ve been trying to figure this out for weeks, so if anyone could help it would be greatly appriciated.