Outgoing mail server Cert Error

Hello all,
This morning I setup my clients email (new Dreamhost acct) in Windows live mail / Windows7. He used it for most of the day with no problems.

Now tonight he’s getting “Internet Security Warning”
“The server you are connected to is using a certificate that can not be verified”

Is there work being done on the mail server certs, or is there something I need to change on my end?

Any help?
Thanks,
Robb

short story, that will happen if you use mail.domain.com
It caused by the certificate being issued to dreamhost instead of the customers domain.

to avoid it, use the direct server name from this page: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Certificate_Domain_Mismatch_Error

Thanks for the quick reply…

Question: Just curious, how come this didn’t show up immediately when I setup the account? I sent several test emails this morning and it worked fine and my client used it all day. I believe the error didn’t show up til tonight.

Thanks,
Robb

I don’t use windows live mail, so I’m not sure how it behaves. With Outlook I used to get the warning once every time I opened Outlook but not repeated warnings. (I switched to the dreamhost server name finally.)

perhaps it did come up initially and just got clicked thru without reading/paying much attention.