Outgoing and incoming server

I just bought the new Audiovox SMT6500 cell phone and it has the capability to get my email sent to my phone.

Maybe a stupid question but I’v been trying to find out what the addy is for the outgoing and incoming mail server. Where can I find this information?

[quote]Maybe a stupid question but I’v been trying to find out what the
addy is for the outgoing and incoming mail server. Where can I find
this information?

[/quote]

For both outgoing and incoming, you should use ‘mail.yourdomain.com’, replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

thanks,

it’s giving me an error not on my cell but on the page where I set it up for my mobile device: I chose IMAP4 and did the mail.dreamefx.com for both incoming and outgoing servers.

is this something out of my control?

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Exception of type Microsoft.Mobile.MdsException was thrown.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Exception of type Microsoft.Mobile.MdsException was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

That pretty much indicates your cell provider’s web app is taking a big dump!

nate.

to this day I can’t seem to get my email to work with my new phone.

ugh.

I typed mail.dreamefx.com for outgoing and incoming servers and it still doesn’t work. It says it’s unable to connect to the server. am I suppose to be using POP3 or IMAP4?

sorry I’m way new to this stuff.

I just found out that my mail.dreamefx.com servers are working but they are using an old email addy that has nothing but spam.

speak@dreamefx.com was my old email addy for somereason when i use my settings in outlook express it uses my speak addy.

I want it to use my dreamefx@dreamefx.com email addy. How in the world can I do this? how do I get rid of the old email addy?