Oscommerce

i just moved my oscommerce over to dreamhost. i changed the config file and restored the database, however when i go to my carts page i get :

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.puttintat/username/myhostname.com/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

Since you have “restored” your database, I’m assuming your mysql host has propagated and is reachable via DNS, so I assume you have not properly changed you config file.

Make sure you are properly naming your host (viewable from the Control Panel -< Goodies -> Manage MySQL screen) in the config file…

–rlparker

if you previously set it up using localhost as the database host this won’t work you need to change it to he actual host of the database.

also ensure the database name, username and password are correct in the config file

$97 DISCOUNT with [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color]
No monthly setup with [color=#CC0000]DISCNOSET[/color]
More codes

thanks, got it working. it was a configuration problem, however i being the super genius i am didnt check to make sure the ftp uploaded my new config file. it was still the original. once i replaced everythings kosher

sorry guys, and thanks!

Good deal! I’m glad to see you got it working! :slight_smile:

–rlparker