osCommerce update result in NULL values

apps

I just did the one-click install of osCommerce and everything went smoothly. But now I am trying to setup my store and any command that tries to update the database seems to be failing. No error message though.

For example I tried to rename the name of my store, clicked the edit button, filled in the field, clicked submit, page posted back and the name of store was now blank. I tried with a different field, and the same thing happened.

I also tried to delete a category, and it went through all the steps the seems like its going to work, but the end result is nothing happened, and no errors.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

For example I tried to rename the name of my store, clicked the edit button, filled in the field, clicked submit, page posted back and the name of store was now blank. I tried with a different field, and the same thing happened.

I’m having exactly the same problem. One-click install, can’t make any changes to the database. Did you ever manage to get to the bottom of this and/or get a reply from DH?

DH replied and believe it or not they were stumped! They recommended I create a new user and create a new OSCommerce site with that user. I have not yet tried this however.

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve already tried this, sadly. It hasn’t made the slightest bit of difference. Will get back onto them and point out that it’s not just me having problems. Thanks again.

We found the problem!

If your site is set to “strip the www.” from the URL, but in your includes/configure.php has a www, then your posts won’t work! The reason is they’ll post the www site, but that will immediately redirect to the non-www site, which is a GET and so loses the POST!

The fix is to remove the “www.” from your includes/configure.php file and your admin/includes/configure.php file. We’ve also fixed the bug where our welcome email tells you to use “www.” when you shouldn’t!

Sorry about that.

josh!

Confirming that this is now working, well done josh and all the DH techies. Good work!