OS Upgrade has killed My Cron Jobs

vps

hey
Dreamhost told me they needed to upgrade the OS on my VPS to the new Debian / Linux
they did this
now my Cron Jobs that execute Ruby code on my sites are failing every time they need to access my database using MySQL
Ive spent the last 4 days going back and forth with support getting nowhere fast. they’ve offered a lot of help but none of it has been helpful. now they’re basically telling me i’m on my own…

im wondering if anyone has any experience with Cron / Ruby etc who may be able to tell me how i can solve this issue…
Ive tried 50+ things, including the obvious gem install mysql. and adding my own /.gems to the Gem path…

thanks

!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2. Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.
/home/myusername/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/commands/runner.rb:48: /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in gem_original_require': no such file to load -- mysql (MissingSourceFile) from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:inrequire’