OS out of disk error

software development

The problem I’m facing is that I’m getting os out of memory errors when I’m trying to install python module using pip3 install. I followed the tutorial here: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000702772-Installing-a-custom-version-of-Python-3 To get a custom python installation working and it works fine. Sadly I need to install several modules to get my project running where this memory error is coming into play. This is my current df readout:
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1 31457280 4291920 27165360 14% /
none 131072 131072 0 100% /tmp

I’m new to linux and ssh but as far as I can tell, I should still have 27g of memory to work with and yet I’ve somehow capped out @ 100% on some tmp virtual drive or something. Anyone able to walk me out of this problem or point me towards the right direction?

I strongly recommend you change the subect of this thread from “out of memory” to “out of disk”. RAM is memory, not disk.

That’s a tiny /tmp volume. It’s no surprise it’s full. Google for info on expanding the size of an existing volume. If this is a new system, I’d scrap it and reconfigure. If you are using DreamCompute, use a default instance and don’t manually size the volumes. (You didn’t say which DH plan/server you’re using.)

HTH

I fixed this by creating a new tmp directory and adding it to my my bash profile exports.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.