Openx install issues

apps

Has anyone successfully installed Openx through the one click install?

I am having big problems getting the database to set up…

Bumping this back up…

I’m getting an issue when I go to install where once I get to the database setup screen I get the error.
"Installation failed to write database details to the configuration file"
I’ve even gone so far as to chmod 777 the configuration file that contains the db info…

Any assistance would be appreciated, already did a google search and the only other info I found out there was on the openx forums in this thread… http://forum.openx.org/lofiversion/index.php/t503414184.html

But the guy who figured out how to get past it says he cant even remember how he got it to work.

Hi,

Its hard for me to tell what might be happening with the 1click-install, but it seems like the openx/var folder needs to have its sub-directories chmod’d as well

Hope this helps,
Arlen Coupland
OpenX

I just ran through the install as an experiment and had no issues. The “mydomain.com” folder is set to 755 and was empty when I started, as was my database. I followed the one-click robot instructions.

Oh, and be sure when you get to that database screen that you set the database to InnoDB, and not the default MyISAM setting.

-Scott

hi we have installed openx successfully. we have many experience in openx… if you need any help contact us…

We proudly introduce ourselves as one of top service provider in adserving market in India. We are with 25 people team working Adservers domain as OpenX consultant and specifically with Openads/OpenX. Apart from OpenX, we do have experience of providing OpenX Service and OpenX Support for doing projects in all other web open sources available in market.

PHP Developer,
Openx Consultant, Adserver Expert ,
Web Consultant,
OpenX Expert