Oops! Temporary Status Site

We had a little goof and this will be our status site until the other machine can be resuscitated.

• Sep. 8, 2006 11:40 a.m.

Network Problems Today
We have been experiencing Network Problems Today, these are the same problems that have actually been happening since we first reported problems with our network. Unfortunately these problems have gotten worse today and are causing a majority of the downtime and slowness issues you are reporting today. These problems, and our attempts at fixing them, have been an ongoing effort. The maintenance Monday Night is a big step in resolving these problems. We are working on the network and all servers having problems, but the real solution will be the Monday Night maintenance. Sorry about the downtime, we hope to have this all resolved soon.

• Sep. 8, 2006 5:45 p.m.

where did you get that at?

GiraffeDesign.com

dreamhoststatus.com

updated:
DreamHost Status
Network Problems Today

We have been experiencing Network Problems Today, these are the same problems that have actually been happening since we first reported problems with our network. Unfortunately these problems have gotten worse today and are causing a majority of the downtime and slowness issues you are reporting today. These problems, and our attempts at fixing them, have been an ongoing effort. The maintenance Monday Night is a big step in resolving these problems. We are working on the network and all servers having problems, but the real solution will be the Monday Night maintenance. Sorry about the downtime, we hope to have this all resolved soon.

• Sep. 8, 2006 5:45 p.m.
    Network downtime Monday Night (09/11)

Monday night, we will upgrading our core networking equipment, which will result in some downtime of all services lasting approximately 30-45 minutes.
We’re expecting this to put an end to the network problems that were created by the power outages about a month ago…

• Sep. 8, 2006 3:30 p.m.

We had a little goof and this will be our status site until the other machine can be resuscitated.

• Sep. 8, 2006 11:40 a.m.

Oh joy! I’m reading this as “things will continue to suck throughout the weekend” - I really did plan to get some work done over the weekend, but I guess that’s not gonna happen on any of the sites hosted here :frowning:

If Dreamhost belonged to me; you can bet your *ss I’d be working, along with whatever vendor(s) I needed, straight through till this was addressed. That they seem to be willing to go through the weekend like this is very discouraging and not at all like the Dreamhost we used to know - Major bad!

–rlparker

Thanks. When I go there I get:
Cannot Load Address
Temporarily unable to connect to 66.201.54.111:80: Operation timed out

GiraffeDesign.com

Yep…it’s been “up and down” all day for me, too…

I’m really unhappy about the whole “suffer through the weekend; we will try again Monday” tone of the thing…

I’m gonna go drink some Wild Turkey…

–rlparker

I paid just 3 days ago. I’m a little disappointed but still have a hope.

:wink: [color=#CC0000]Here[/color] are my Hosting Plan Comparision and $97 off DreamHost Promo Code

I’m really unhappy

woah! and to think I was thinking you were the last person who was happy with DH.

Will the last happy person please turn off the lights :wink:

GiraffeDesign.com

not at all like the Dreamhost we used to know

:slight_smile:

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

“happy” is a very “relative” adjective/adverb…

I’m not all that upset about the problem (things break, yada yada yada), but the “wait till Monday” plan/tone yanks my chain pretty good!

I have not completely given up all hope of redemption, but I am stitting here watching stuff time out, dodging clients, drinking Wild Turkey, and rapidly “losing my religion”…

–rlparker

Everything has pretty much crapped out. Obviously their network is waaaay too centralized and needs to be better divided. Several sites, mine included, are having a lot of trouble. The status page is still screwy and the panel is inaccessible.

Ping statistics for 208.113.134.67:
Packets: Sent = 50, Received = 34, Lost = 16 (32% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 49ms, Maximum = 130ms, Average = 60ms

I’m definitely not going to be able to get anything done this weekend.

What’s the problem now and why can’t something THIS drastic be taken care of NOW rather than on Monday? Maybe I should work for DH. Servers are down? That’s okay, take the day off…

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

I just paid, on September 4, for another year…and I remain hopeful. I probably need to spend this weekend ridding motorcycles, drinking whikey, cahsing tail and generally screwing off more than I need to work anyway! Yea! That’s The Ticket!

“Cigarettes and whiskey, and wild, wild, women. They’ll drive you crazy, they’ll drive you insane!”

(Pour me another shot, baby!)
–rlparker

Sorry folks. Every time there is a problem everyone starts to whine and blame and in general downtalk the host. I for one am happy with Dreamhost. I came here from 1and1 as a host. my websites have been down ONCE in the almost year that I have been here. Even now my sites are all up and running, although I cannot access the control panel. This will be solved. Keep working on it guys, and thanks for the best hosting experience I have had since I hosted my own site on this box :slight_smile:

-HAPPY Dreamhost customer.

P.S. Putting the support page somewhere else would lead to TONS and floods of reports and so forth over a problem they already know about, costing them more time in fixing the actual glitch. dreamhoststatus.com is up, try looking at it.

-y0himba
I am a happy Dreamhost customer.
y0himba.net | Online Status

I do like DH until now

Downtime a few hours is okay

but …a few days, with a business website, you DO NOT know how much it cost us and how frustrated it’s and DH is not doing anything, until MONDAY ??

that is not servcies :frowning:

NOW I get it! the reference to “support page” is interpreted by most Dreamhost members to mean the Control Panel Support page (from where you can check certain systemwide status, reveiw your support history, and generate trouble tickets if necessary). I think you are talking about the general “status” site - yea, it would be silly to move that.
–rlparker

Right, if they put the um, support form somewhere else so folks could file support tickets even in the event of a system wide problem, there would be such a flood…not a good idea.

-y0himba
I am a happy Dreamhost customer.
y0himba.net | Online Status

[quote]Right, if they put the um, support form somewhere else so folks could file support tickets even in the event of a system wide problem, there would be such a flood…not a good idea.
[/quote]

I think I’ve contacted them at least a dozen times in the past year where they hadn’t a clue the outside world couldn’t see them.

If they focused on stabilizing their system, rather than adding features, they wouldn’t have to worry about a flood of support tickets due to downtime.

GiraffeDesign.com

So… are they seriously waiting until Monday to fix this? We’re a church, and there’s a major community event happening this Saturday (starts in just a few hours) where we’ll be handing out thousands of promo pieces directing people to our WEBSITE. If they want to come Sunday morning, guess where they’ll check Saturday night? That’s right, our practically-inaccessible website. (Waiting 18-30 seconds for a simple page to load is ridiculous. No one will do it.)

This is one of our biggest “advertising” days of the whole year. For them to wait on this is screwing us up big time.

Ah! As of right this minute, my site is loading normally! Maybe, maybe, maybe they’ve fixed the problem already?

If not, and we’re inaccessible until Monday, we’re outta here.

[Edit: Never mind. Now we’re back to 13-45 second page load times.]

Web Control Panel Issue Resolved
The network issues causing slowness for the web control panel for the web control panel have now been resolved. The network overall is more responsive and we will continue to make minor changes to keep everything working as well as possible. The major maintenance on Monday night will be essentially a complete replacement and upgrade of one of our core routers. In the meantime, we have been re-routing as much of our network traffic as possible through our other core router to improve overall performance.

• Sep. 9, 2006 2:48 a.m.

:wink: [color=#CC0000]Here[/color] are my Hosting Plan Comparision and $97 off DreamHost Promo Code