Online Word Processor?

apps

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good, preferably free (GNU?), Word type program that can be installed on a site so that users can type letters, CV’s etc and save/email them? WordPress doesn’t quite do it.

Thanks.

Regards,
Tony

I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like his passengers!

There are several rich-text editors out there written in javascript that can be integrated with “text area” fields to provide greater or lesser degrees of “word processing funtions”, but they all have their quirks and any one of them is not likely to please all your users.

Have you considered using Google Apps for Your Domain and just using the Google Docs platform? This can be implemented "on your site and, at this point in time, is arguably the “best of the breed”.

You might also consider who really wants to “edit” in a web environment - often it is preferable to simply allow them to upload their edited docs, or .pdfs, and let them use their own tools. It’s easier on the server, the user can use the tools that they like, and your life would be much less complicated. :wink:

Just my two cents worth …

–rlparker

Thanks rlparker. The online system is mainly for myself and family, but I’ll have a squizz at Google.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Tony

I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like his passengers!