OneClick help

I’m thinking about doing the OneClick install for Gallery2 but want to make sure I understand some things first.

Hostname - it defaults to MySQL. Is this a preferred name or can it be whatever I want?

New Username - is this the admin user for the new MySQL db? Is the name in any way tied to my DreamHost user name (currently only have one)

PHP version - I’m currently at the 4x version. Should I switch to the 5x version or does it matter? I know some of the OneClicks require the older version, some the new, and some don’t care. If I don’t think I need any of the 4x installs, is 5 a better bet?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Doug

I like mysql.mydomain.tld because it’s obvious what I’m using the host for and it’s very unlikely that I will need to use the subdomain for anything else.

No and no. :slight_smile:

I don’t think there’s a strong preference one way or the other and since you can have both on shared hosting, there’s not a big impact when an app supports both. I tend to like 5.x over 4.x.

One thing is that when you have a dedicated or PS host, you’ll only have one default so it’s easier if you pick the one that matches the majority of the apps you’re going to use.

You’re very welcome!

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Thank you. Very much appreciated. I’ve been annoying folks over at the Galler2 forum so I think I now have sufficient information to give it a go.

Thanks.

Doug

PS

Guess I asked for this answer… :wink:

In reply to:

New Username - is this the admin user for the new MySQL db? Is the name in any way tied to my DreamHost user name (currently only have one)

No and no. :slight_smile:

Holy cow! I have to eat crow!

“Yes and no” is the real answer!

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Yummm… nothing like roast crow for dinner!

No problem. The yes/no answer makes sense to me; I couldn’t figure out why you’d need to create a user if it wasn’t the admin account.

I’ll try and get Gallery set up this weekend and see how it goes.

Thanks for the follow up, very much appreciated.

Doug