One Clicked worked 2 of 3 tries

apps

X-posted from TroubleShooting
http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=35590&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&part=

How to create links in this system?

I installed WordPress and Wiki … my compliments to DreamHost … very nice process and great error checking.

When I installed Forum I got the same “will be ready in 10 minutes” message but nope … I didn’t get the lovely fact-filled email notification and the directory I specified is 404 … no joy.

regards
ben

When you look to see how the system works
likely you will find that it does not.

Sometimes an install gets delayed or messed up for some reason. If it’s been a couple of hours, and still no E-mail, just clear out anything it did manage to create and try again.

-Matttail

Oooh now this is interesting: I checked and found that, indeed, the URL was still 404 … but when I went through the installation again, using the same data (i.e. database name) the system sagely informed me that I already had that database. Seems that I have a forum but cannot find it!

Soooo I’m going to dig around see if I can get an over-all report on my database usage to see if I can discern where the forum is setup, if it is.

cheers

p.s. I just telnetted in … things are as they should be … except there is in fact no directory for the forum. So it seems that the database was created but nothing was outputted to my site.

p.s.2 Using “MySQL Usage” under Status on the Control Panel, I’m informed that this account has no database … though my Wiki and Blog are both operational. schmuck!

When you look to see how the system works
likely you will find that it does not.