Oooh now this is interesting: I checked and found that, indeed, the URL was still 404 ... but when I went through the installation again, using the same data (i.e. database name) the system sagely informed me that I already had that database. Seems that I have a forum but cannot find it!
Soooo I'm going to dig around see if I can get an over-all report on my database usage to see if I can discern where the forum is setup, if it is.
p.s. I just telnetted in ... things are as they should be ... except there is in fact no directory for the forum. So it seems that the database was created but nothing was outputted to my site.
p.s.2 Using "MySQL Usage" under Status on the Control Panel, I'm informed that this account has no database ... though my Wiki and Blog are both operational. schmuck!
When you look to see how the system works
likely you will find that it does not.