One-Click Wordpress missing Keys and Salts in wp-config.php

I want to integrate bbpress with a clean WP 3.1 one-click install with DreamHost.

My problem arises when I’m ask by bbpress integration tool for a) auth key, and b) secure auth key, and c) logged in auth key that are supposed to be in the wp-config.php file. When I look in my wp-configu.php these keys are not present.

How do I go about fixing this? I have no code experience. Is there a problem with the DreamHost one-click install?

I reviewed the bbpress forum,, and this forum but the answer is not clear. I would rather not have to enter code as I have no experience and based on the bbpress installation guide this would seem overkill.

Any thoughts on the dreamhost end?

Thanks for any thoughts!

I just faced the problem and google hi & lo for a solution. I just upgraded to wp 3.1 and trying to integrate with bbpress. fortunately, i discover the solution. first, you need to generate 8 set of keys for your wordpress. goto

Next, you need to modify the wp-config-sample.php. You can find those 8 sets of ‘Authentication Unique Keys and Salts’ in wp-config-sample.php. Change all the parameters the same as your existing wp-config.php and copy & paste those 8 set of keys, save the file as wp-config.php. Copy the (new) wp-config.php file and replace the existing wp-config.php (make a backup copy of your existing wp-config.php file if you want).

I can logon to my wordpress without any problem with the new wp-config.php.